JG Running the ball

No. I'd rather see our running backs run the ball and JG make plays with his arm. He's not a running QB like Josh Dobbs was at Tennessee.

His acceleration is poor and he isn't very agile at all, but his straight line speed is serviceable enough to do something with. Maybe we'll see it vs UF.
This. Peyton wasn’t fast but he was able to bootleg for 6 against Alabama. JG is athletic enough to surprise a defense and pick up a few tough yards

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Watching Miss State's QB run, i have to think JG can run at least as good as he can. If the middle of the pocket opens and the defense is dropped back in coverage, there is usually a clean 10-15 yards for the taking that any QB can gallop for. I agree he isn't meant for designed runs, but scramble drill runs should be taken rather than sacks.
lol Fitzgerald can fly bro. Don’t let the skin color fool you. He’s ran for over 2,500 yards in his career... more than any QB in MSU history. He’ll end up with over 3,000

Dude he’s got first round draft pick and future hall of famer written all over him. Let him play his game.

I’ll stop short if that claim for now, but with the right OL, yes, JG has YUGE upside potential. Starting to show some flashes.

Just get the ball out faster so the receivers don’t have to come back to it every deep pass. I want to see guys catching balls in stride instead of losing momentum.

No he gets hit enough just standing in the pocket. Running would just get him killed.

VN Store

Back