JG interview.

He seemed very relaxed and well spoken. Good interview. I didn't know his sister went to HS with Wanya. He said under Chaney he will have more control over protections which implies that last season he wasnt able to call/change protections much. People like to say he made terrible protection calls. Maybe he simply wasn't making them.

He seemed very relaxed and well spoken. Good interview. I didn't know his sister went to HS with Wanya. He said under Chaney he will have more control over protections which implies that last season he wasnt able to call/change protections much. People like to say he made terrible protection calls. Maybe he simply wasn't making them.

He certainly wasn't making them

Well... he 100 percent implied that he didnt have much say in protection calls.
Was he just an automaton out there, the last few years? He stated “he’s better able to see where his protection is and where he is hot”. I didn’t watch the video a dozen of times like some of the crazy ‘defend this dude at all cost fans’, but maybe my eyeballs have decieved me watching JG play since he’s been here. I hope he’s a late bloomer and just starts to ‘get it’ this year.

Was he just an automaton out there, the last few years? He stated “he’s better able to see where his protection is and where he is hot”. I didn’t watch the video a dozen of times like some of the crazy ‘defend this dude at all cost fans’, but maybe my eyeballs have decieved me watching JG play since he’s been here. I hope he’s a late bloomer and just starts to ‘get it’ this year.
I merely stated that he implied he didnt have much say in past protection calls.

May the best man play.

I'm not against JG turning things around.
Senior group of WRs. Veteran ...ish OL.
Let's see.

But I fully expect Brian Maurer to end the season as the starter and have an Freshman All-SEC type season

I do agree with we need (me included) need to stop the JG bashing.

4 years. 4 different OCs. 3 different HCs. 3 different S&C coaches. 2 QB coaches. Man thats gotta be tough. Most horrible OL play in school history. WRs that led the SEC in drop %. Correct me if I am wrong, but I dont believe any QB in recent memory has went through anything remotely close to what JG has since coming to UT.

Or could it have been he didn't have the knowledge?? We don't know the answer to that one.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and lynnh
He can imply anything he wants, if he could see player coming and knew what protection to call and didn't do it he is stupid, just stand and get your azz
knocked off b/c coach said to.......................................GO VOLS

Ugh.....offense ”not much different from last year”
I hope it is.

I sure hope it is a lot different than last year, run on first and second down and then try for 3rd and long and a 5 yard pass. I don't think we will see the same type of offensive play calling.

Reactions: 24/7vol
He can imply anything he wants, if he could see player coming and knew what protection to call and didn't do it he is stupid, just stand and get your azz
knocked off b/c coach said to.......................................GO VOLS

If he was not allowed to call protection, It could very well be that he didn't have to knowledge to do so and the oc knew this.

May the best man play.

I'm not against JG turning things around.
Senior group of WRs. Veteran ...ish OL.
Let's see.

But I fully expect Brian Maurer to end the season as the starter and have an Freshman All-SEC type season

I do agree with we need (me included) need to stop the JG bashing.
You haven't saw Maurer take a single snap of college football but you expect him to start at some point and perform at an all-sec level? Is this just some kind of "feeling"? Like how people feel about religion or something?

VN Store

Back