JG has his biggest game yet. Career takes off at Auburn

Ty Chandler is averaging 6.2 yards per carry, London 5.7. Now surely you would say Bama has "legit" running backs and they average( behind that offensive line) 6.8 and 7.1 yards per carry.. So, I will stand by my judgement that they would put up stupid numbers behind a decent OL.. Tim Jordan does hit the wrong lane most of the time and it shows with 4.1 yards per carry but hopefully that can be worked out

This is exactly why I said in a previous post that I'm not talking about averages.

It does our offense no good if you run 30 yards on one play and get 0-2 on the next 5.... the drive will stall and we'll walk away with a field goal attempt at best because the guy can't succeed when there isn't a lane wide enough to drive a truck through.

Chandler's average is up because he averaged 13.2 against UTEP, thanks to an 80 yarder. He's averaging 3.2 ypc in the other games. London "averaged" 6 ypc against Florida but if you take away the 43 yarder, he averaged 2.3 yards on 10 carries. He also averaged 2 yards against Georgia. That's a lot different than consistently picking up 3 to 5, which is what Alabama and Georgia RBs do.

I think I've made my point clear so I'm moving on. Feel free to disagree.

Reactions: G8R8U2 and jakez4ut
This is exactly why I said in a previous post that I'm not talking about averages.

It does our offense no good if you run 30 yards on one play and get 0-2 on the next 5.... the drive will stall and we'll walk away with a field goal attempt at best because the guy can't succeed when there isn't a lane wide enough to drive a truck through.

Chandler's average is up because he averaged 13.2 against UTEP, thanks to an 80 yarder. He's averaging 3.2 ypc in the other games. London "averaged" 6 ypc against Florida but if you take away the 43 yarder, he averaged 2.3 yards on 10 carries. He also averaged 2 yards against Georgia. That's a lot different than consistently picking up 3 to 5, which is what Alabama and Georgia RBs do.

Yep, its your opinion

Reactions: bpalmer28

and this make sesne, and i agree.

it can't be feast or famine. we do agree there, for sure.

i'm a huge propoent for sustaining drives. that means you're winning more battles up front.

i think when you start talking about APC, # of carries and outliers do have to be considered. because you need both. gotta get carries and you need to get chunk plays to change the way the defense plays you.

a guy that's averaging 4.7 ypc, and is getting 20-25 carries a game, likely has a lot of carries that are 3 yards or less. and they likely have a handful of carries that are 10 yards or more. the point being that you're effective enought running the ball...that you can KEEP running the ball....

i don't think we're really disagreeing as much as maybe looking at some of the #'s differently.

i kinda got roasted a couple years ago when our offense set all those records for rushing and scoring....cause i basically said the reason we lost games was because of our offense's inability to stay on the field. everyone wa quick to point out the scoring...

which is great. but we were winning games 63-57!! it was either we scored in 3-4 plays, or we punted in 3-4 plays or turned it over. we kept putting the defense out there, and literally HAD to score to just keep pace.

so much in the same vein, while i love scoring, at some point, you have to put a drive together and protect your defense, especially in the 2nd halves of games that you're leading. that doesnt mean curl up and go conservative. but put 1st downs together. not everything has to be, or can be, a home run.....especially long term.

Let's see OD said Smart can't beat Pruitt amongst other hyperbole this year. I'll take the wait and see and believe after it happens attitude at this point.

Was that him that splattered that crap all over us the entire off season? I'd be ashamed to show my face back here. But that's me. Maybe OD is the alter ego of someone famous sounds here? Wondering.

Reactions: Manning Up
Oline has to do its job for this to happen. I think JG has been ready to take off all season if he he had just an average pass protection.

Over 200 yards would be his best game yet this season. He didn’t even break 200 against the 2 high school teams we played, so probably not going to happen at Auburn. Statistically JG will go down as the worst QB ever to play at TN in the modern era.

Malzahn can't beat Pruitt. Seriously though, no chance, if we win it will be through defense and turnovers. No disrespect to JG but Auburn has the best DL we'll play. JG will take a worse beating than he did the Florida game. Prayers for him are in order.

Reactions: governmentmule
I think the running backs are doing a decent job,there problem is when they hit the hole,there is no hole there

hard to make yards like that

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Taking off would be great but just clearing the top of the grass in the stadium would be a improvement. Our line is bad but JG doesn't nothing to help them with his talent.

What do our WRs and TEs do to help? Get separation? Nope. Drop passes? Yep. JG definitely has flaws but when an OL, WRs and TEs are this bad, its almost i,possible for a QB to be successful.

Malzahn can't beat Pruitt. Seriously though, no chance, if we win it will be through defense and turnovers. No disrespect to JG but Auburn has the best DL we'll play. JG will take a worse beating than he did the Florida game. Prayers for him are in order.

Alabamas DL is better. But Auburns is right there.

Alabamas DL is better. But Auburns is right there.
Their common opponent is Arkansas, Auburn's defense played a lot better against them, Bama gave up more rushing yards and a lot more points. Alabama has the best offense they've had under Saban, but their defense I don't think is quite as good as we are used to from Bama, at least not at this point in the season. I still think they win it all with room to spare though.

Tua is so good, the defense almost won't matter. That's heretical to say in the Age of Saban, but there it is.

Tua is the QB Saban has waited his entire Bama career for.

and this make sesne, and i agree.

it can't be feast or famine. we do agree there, for sure.

i'm a huge propoent for sustaining drives. that means you're winning more battles up front.

i think when you start talking about APC, # of carries and outliers do have to be considered. because you need both. gotta get carries and you need to get chunk plays to change the way the defense plays you.

a guy that's averaging 4.7 ypc, and is getting 20-25 carries a game, likely has a lot of carries that are 3 yards or less. and they likely have a handful of carries that are 10 yards or more. the point being that you're effective enought running the ball...that you can KEEP running the ball....

i don't think we're really disagreeing as much as maybe looking at some of the #'s differently.

i kinda got roasted a couple years ago when our offense set all those records for rushing and scoring....cause i basically said the reason we lost games was because of our offense's inability to stay on the field. everyone wa quick to point out the scoring...

which is great. but we were winning games 63-57!! it was either we scored in 3-4 plays, or we punted in 3-4 plays or turned it over. we kept putting the defense out there, and literally HAD to score to just keep pace.

so much in the same vein, while i love scoring, at some point, you have to put a drive together and protect your defense, especially in the 2nd halves of games that you're leading. that doesnt mean curl up and go conservative. but put 1st downs together. not everything has to be, or can be, a home run.....especially long term.
Love this post

Tua is so good, the defense almost won't matter. That's heretical to say in the Age of Saban, but there it is.

Tua is the QB Saban has waited his entire Bama career for.
I agree, unless Tua gets hurt Bama should repeat with ease, if he gets hurt then all bets are off.

VN Store

Back