JG- All I need to say

Yeah, nothing like a kid's facial expression causing so much hate. He should probably smile while he's taking those a$$ chewings from Pruitt. I can't believe they keep running him out there with that smart alec look on his face.
I know your being sarcastic but guess what ?, your comments are spot on.

Yeah, nothing like a kid's facial expression causing so much hate. He should probably smile while he's taking those a$$ chewings from Pruitt. I can't believe they keep running him out there with that smart alec look on his face.
It says a lot about his attitude. Nobody says he's should sit there and smile. But rolling your eyes is very disrespectful. It shows that you're not taking in the coaching and you're not taking it seriously. And then it's very evident in his play. That's why it matters. You might be the type of parent that would let your kids roll their eyes at you or back talk you and think that's cool. It's not cool when everybody else on the team is taking to the coaching and you got the supposed leader not taking it serious. His actions affect other people.

Last edited:
It says a lot about its attitude. Nobody says he's should sit there and smile. But rolling your eyes is very disrespectful. It shows that you're not taking in the coaching and you're not taking it seriously. And then it's very evident in his play. That's why it matters. You might be the type of parent that would let your kids roll their eyes at you or back talk you and think that's cool. It's not cool when everybody else on the team is taking to the coaching and you got the supposed leader not taking it serious. His actions affect other people.
You might be the type of person that characterizes people based on how they naturally look. Its naive to think Coach Pruitt would play a player with a bad attitude at the most important position on the team.

You might be the type of person that characterizes people based on how they naturally look. Its naive to think Coach Pruitt would play a player with a bad attitude at the most important position on the team.
I don't know anybody who's natural look is to roll your eyes and stare daggers constantly at their coaches. But whatever. Obviously you're attached to the guys jockstrap. He has had more than enough chances. He's had maybe two or three games and had about fifteen bad ones. If he has one good game he has 4or 5 bad ones right behind. I don't know why Pruitt takes to him so much. That's one reason a lot of people are down on Pruitt. Is it the kids family influencing Pruitt in some way.? It sure can't be his play.

I did not see the rolling of the eyes but assume it is true. I guarantee you that 99% of coaches will not tolerate it if they know it happened. JG will lose any respect he has with Pruitt if he continues that. I remember last week watching Pruitt chew out JT and the whole time JT was shaking his head Yes in agreement. That is the way a football player takes a chewing out.

I don't know anybody who's natural look is to roll your eyes and stare daggers constantly at their coaches. But whatever. Obviously you're attached to the guys jockstrap. He has had more than enough chances. He's had maybe two or three games and had about fifteen bad ones. If he has one good game he has 4or 5 bad ones right behind. I don't know why Pruitt takes to him so much. That's one reason a lot of people are down on Pruitt. Is it the kids family influencing Pruitt in some way.? It sure can't be his play.
Yeah, that's got to be it, his family is running Pruitt!! Lol

Yeah, that's got to be it, his family is running Pruitt!! Lol
Somebody is. Guarantano has done nothing on his own to earn the playing time. Other than just being a junior there is nothing else that makes sense. He makes freshman mistakes. He never learns from those mistakes. If he was playing an SEC team tonight we would be sitting here with another loss.

I did not see the rolling of the eyes but assume it is true. I guarantee you that 99% of coaches will not tolerate it if they know it happened. JG will lose any respect he has with Pruitt if he continues that. I remember last week watching Pruitt chew out JT and the whole time JT was shaking his head Yes in agreement. That is the way a football player takes a chewing out.
You JG haters come up with something new every week. I repeat, the kid just played with 7 brand new screws in his hand and he'll likely play the majority of the snaps the rest of the year.

Yeah the cameras caught him once tonight rolling his eyes. It's happened in other games too. Remember last year when he was benched he had a real bad attitude also. The guy just doesn't like constructive criticism. I honestly believe he doesn't really think that his play is subpar. That's what's frustrating.

Somebody is. Guarantano has done nothing on his own to earn the playing time. Other than just being a junior there is nothing else that makes sense. He makes freshman mistakes. He never learns from those mistakes. If he was playing an SEC team tonight we would be sitting here with another loss.
I guess all the work he's put in the last 4 years compared to BM and JTs 1 year doesn't matter to you either

You JG haters come up with something new every week. I repeat, the kid just played with 7 brand new screws in his hand and he'll likely play the majority of the snaps the rest of the year.
I don't hate Guarantano at all. I just hate to see him play quarterback. I cringe every time he steps on the field. I can't think of another player in Tennessee football history that I felt that way about. Guess what ...he earned that. I had no prejudices against the guy. I give everybody the benefit of a doubt when they come out there. But my God it's been two years with him starting the majority of games and he seems to regress instead of getting better.

I guess all the work he's put in the last 4 years compared to BM and JTs 1 year doesn't matter to you either
Looking good in practice is one thing. But you got to carry it over to the game. I'm not questioning his work ethic. I am questioning his attitude and I'm definitely questioning what's between his ears. He doesn't make good decisions and he reacts too slow. Any NFL scout that watches him would say the same thing. That's why he will never go and play in NFL. If you want to like the guy that's your perogative. I don't think he's the best answer for Tennessee football.

Last edited:
It makes JG Qb’s skills look even worse that he has had 4 years in the program but yet still has not progressed and apparently does not have the personality to deal with tough coaching. I was encouraged for once with his play last week but now understand it was a an outlier. He is a lost cause.

It makes JG Qb’s skills look even worse that he has had 4 years in the program but yet still has not progressed and apparently does not have the personality to deal with tough coaching. I was encouraged for once with his play last week but now understand it was a an outlier. He is a lost cause.
Good point. He will have that one game that gives you a glimmer of hope. But he follows that up with four or five games that make you want to just pound your head against the wall. Consistency is very important in the quarterback position. You can tell the other players on the team get frustrated also.

Yeah the cameras caught him once tonight rolling his eyes. It's happened in other games too. Remember last year when he was benched he had a real bad attitude also. The guy just doesn't like constructive criticism. I honestly believe he doesn't really think that his play is subpar. That's what's frustrating.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

Yeah because I think he knows he takes heat from his expressions in the game. These players may not pretend like it but they follow social media and they follow these message boards. Even if they don't they have somebody in their ear telling them what's on here. They know when they are taking criticism. It's good that he sent out that tweet but let's just watch him next game and see how he reacts.

Yeah because I think he knows he takes Heat from his expressions in the game. These players may not pretend like it but they follow social media and they follow these message boards. Even if they don't they got somebody in their ear telling them what's on here. They know when they are taking criticism. It's good that he sent out that tweet but let's just watch him next game and see how he reacts.
That wasn't a tweet it was his post game interview, one he sounded very good in. You thinking social media effects someone based on just because you say so is ridiculous I feel. He's had his social media turned off all season supposedly anyway.

VN Store

Back