Jessie Rennie

Coach, why do you keep wondering about this? Brown will be advising COACH KELLIE HARPER. Just the coach. No advising, instruction, or coaching of players. Not. About. The. Players. COACH KELLIE HARPER is the reason he was hired, but she will be able to take whatever she learns from discussions from him and transfer that knowledge to the players if she chooses. KELLIE will coach them. Al Brown will NOT BE COACHING PLAYERS. He won’t. No coaching by Brown. Only advice to COACH KELLIE HARPER off the court. Not by Brown on the court, because, you guessed it: AL BROWN IS HIRED ONLY IN AN ADVISORY ROLE TO COACH KELLIE HARPER.

There. I hope that finally clears it up for you. o_O

Seriously, man. Let it go before more people put you on “ignore” than have me on it! lol

Jealous .........

Jealous .........

If you think that, you are wrong
...I don't do jealous!

I simply wanted to know what role this person was taking in the administration. Limitations and permissions.
Nothing to do with jealousy.

As a leader, when I see good leadership and good personnel moves being made, it is my task, as a coach, to learn from it and support it....And when I see leadership in place that I KNOW that I could do better than (CHW)...I am not shy about letting them, or anyone know about that too. The only thing that remained strong during CHW's run was the influx of talent potential. However, the talent did not progress. The game-play and in-game strategy also did not progress. The coaching staff had shortcomings even the most novice of coaches could recognize. Mistakes in games were made at a growing rate, our program declined every season. Coach K has my immediate respect and backing. The team is showing signs of growth and being more cohesive and they are progressing individually. All I wanted to know was what Al's role would be.

Al Brown is in a key role right now...He can go to Kellie with his observations, perceptions and ideas,,. A role, I would have relished and been very good at. Jealously would be to not give the man a chance and start crying about the role I never got a shot at and to not give Al a chance to show what he can bring to the table. That is not me and those who have known of me for a time, know I am not a man of envy.

Al's success would be Coach K's success, would be the team's betterment and success.
I'd be a fool to interrupt that process.

I hope Al is the "cog" that will be able to communicate with Coach K about things most of us readily see:
  • managing and purposeful usage of timeouts
  • considerations on subbing when moving into the meat of our schedule
  • suggestions on "reaching" individual player personalities as they need to be reached
  • Stagnation of and flow on offense,,,and things that are still in question
If he can help continue what I have already seen, I have no reason to interfere or interject or be jealous
Just the opposite, I have reason to embrace and welcome his return and entrance.

agree with both,,,,bad mechanics, but quick release

When shooting the three, you have to keep something in mind...it is a shot of adjustment for most.
meaning

Personally, I can shoot my exact jump-shot with the exact same mechanics and release ,out to just beyond the elbow....My jump-shot looks the same from anywhere, starting from the hashmark out to just beyond the the elbow,

My shot looks radically different on the outside the arc, because I am not strong enough to shoot my standard from from that distance. I have to find more power from somewhere. (I use my hands and tighten my grip before release and push a little harder with my follow)

From out of my comfort zone (beyond the arc)...I have to power up from somewhere else to make the distance, so my mechanics have to alter as well,

I had never thought about it that way but it's true; although I have the opposite issue. I rarely shot anything between layup distance and the 3-point line. I considered a 20 footer to be perfect distance and anything between 19 and 24 ft was a normal shot. Honestly, jump shots between 7-18 feet feel really awkward because I have to "power down" my normal shot. I'm only comfortable with 3 shots: the 3 pointer, a layup (always wanting to draw the foul), and a fade-away bank shot in the 10 foot range.

Like you, I wouldn't change a 3 point shooter's mechanics if they are shooting a good %.

Coach, just so you know, I’ve never thought your questioning of AB’s hiring was out of jealousy. My perception is that you, as a coach who has openly longed and lobbied for years to play some type of role in helping the Lady Vols succeed, would naturally feel envious.

But, as you well know, envy and jealousy are not the same things at all, even though a lot of people misuse those words interchangeably. Feelings of envy and feelings of jealously are vastly different, and usually come from totally different places.

You may be envious of the position AB is in, but you don’t seem like the jealous type to me. Just my two cents. Keep posting your nuggets of knowledge! :)

Coach, just so you know, I’ve never thought your questioning of AB’s hiring was out of jealousy. My perception is that you, as a coach who has openly longed and lobbied for years to play some type of role in helping the Lady Vols succeed, would naturally feel envious.

But, as you well know, envy and jealousy are not the same things at all, even though a lot of people misuse those words interchangeably. Feelings of envy and feelings of jealously are vastly different, and usually come from totally different places.

You may be envious of the position AB is in, but you don’t seem like the jealous type to me. Just my two cents. Keep posting your nuggets of knowledge! :)

Well put lv
Though true, I will always wonder if I was the missing piece in CHW's era, I am not jealous of Al Brown's selection.
And yes, I am envious of the opportunity that AL has gotten...but not, in any way, giving up or beaten on my quest

No, right now I am AL Brown's biggest proponent, and if the LV climb continues and he helps Coach K see some of the potential "dents in her armor" that other coaches might attack,,,he validates my theory that one that is not actively coaching can influence coaching

VN Store

Back