Jermaine Burton Forgives Himself For Taking Swings At Vol Fan

Voltopia

Score fast, score hard, no mercy.
Alabama’s Jermaine Burton Addresses Incident at Tennessee With Field-Storming Woman - Sports Illustrated

“I can’t hold that against myself forever. But a mistake is a mistake. You move past it. I’m not going to let situation frame me as a person or shape me as a person because I know who I am, and my team knows who I am.”

View attachment 528612
Not surprising, I know, but I just wanted to document the remarkable humility displayed in this situation.

You are trash Burton...
That's all you'll ever be.

Let’s not be too hard on him. Remember as Saban said, he was scared.

OH YEAH I forgot about that total BS. Not only was he scared, but Saban himself was scared - the whole Alabama team was SCARED. What a joke.

"I talked to him. He was scared, I was scared, some of our other players were scared,” Saban said. "I didn’t think it was necessary to suspend the guy, so if you knew the whole story, maybe you wouldn’t either."

Why is this person not being prosecuted? I would think if the action was not enough in the DA's mind to file charges, the nonchalant and selfish attitude should be enough for anyone in LE or prosecution to file. Does Knoxville have one of those DAs that releases all the criminals and doesn't press charges unless forced?

Did anyone from Bama, Jermaine or anyone else issue an apology for hitting the girl ? Or is it her fault for rushing the field?

No. Nick Saban said that people didn't know the whole story, and that was that. The author of the article said they were unable to verify if any punishment ever took place, either.

Alabama’s Jermaine Burton Addresses Incident at Tennessee With Field-Storming Woman - Sports Illustrated

“I can’t hold that against myself forever. But a mistake is a mistake. You move past it. I’m not going to let situation frame me as a person or shape me as a person because I know who I am, and my team knows who I am.”

View attachment 528612
Not surprising, I know, but I just wanted to document the remarkable humility displayed in this situation.

POS.........fits right in with most of that fanbase.

View attachment 528612
I don't think we will be seeing ANY more trouble issues with this guy in the news.

Like many people, he calls an intentional negative act a mistake. Mistakes are actions whereby an unintended and undesired outcome results.
If you know (as most people with any degree of common sense would) that smoking a cigarette while putting gas in your car results in an explosion or fire, that's not a mistake. Rather, it's calculated stupidity. If you do it out of spite of people telling you not to do so, it's malice as well, but it's not a mistake.

If told to remove clutter from a storage locker, and you lift a box containing a priceless Ming Dynasty vase, and the bottom of the box opens. The vase hits the ground and shatters. That's a mistake, yeah, a very expensive one. However, you weren't advised the clutter included boxes with valuable and breakable items. That's a mistake.

Bama Burton knows assault is both wrong and illegal. Bama Burton resented losing and having an ecstatic opposing fan celebrating, and running past him, so retaliated. Bama Burton decided to graciously pardon his behavior and not mention the person he actually assaulted. Which tells you loud and clear, it wasn't a mistake. It was an intentional act of revenge, and he's quite glad he did it.

VN Store

Back