Jerermy Pruitt Monday press conference

I’m stuck in a meeting today and can’t watch so if anyone wants to post the high points it would be appreciated.

Jeremy Pruitt: We had a lot of guys step up Saturday. Both quarterbacks did a good job taking care of the football and giving our guys a chance. The wide receivers made plays. The tight ends continue to do their job.

Watching the tape, "we didn't play very well the first half."

We can’t start a game that way but we adjusted and responded.

We didn’t get a lot of pass rush up the middle. Our guys played much better in 2nd half. Anytime you score on special teams, it’s a good thing, & we did it twice. .

We still have a long ways to go to play at their best.

We need to get some guys healthy

I know a lot about UAB. They get after the quarterback (26 sacks) and they have an SEC caliber group of wide receivers.

Pruitt on blocked field goal on punt safe: Well they didn’t block (Bituli) ... Somebody made a mistake. - We were in “punt safe” but had Bituli firing. We got great push in there. -On blocked punt.

I thought Jarrett Guarantano played his best game of the year. ... the throw to Jennings was as good a throw you’ll see and that’s the Jarrett I’ve seen in practice. It was good to see. Now he needs to do it again.

I thought JT Shrout got better as the game went. Was very open to coaching.

Pruitt on Brian Maurer: He’s ready to go. He’s going to practice this week.

JG I’m sure he’ll be limited for a day or two but he’ll be ready to go Saturday.

We haven’t done anything yet. we’ve got to do it for multiple weeks at a time. We learned how to finish one game. Now we need to learn how to finish two games.

Jeremy Pruitt: I didn’t know anything about Jauan Jennings, when I got the job there were details about what all happened here. I ask a lot of people in the building what they thought, & most of them who said “I wouldn’t let him come back”, they don’t work here anymore. "He’s helping shape a lot of other guys on our team, because how he goes about his business and how he competes is contagious."

I thought Jarrett played his best game of the year.

Darnell Wright is day to day with an ankle injury, Darell Taylor (knee contusion) also day to day.

On juggling three quarterbacks: We might play all three of them. Rotate ‘em each play like (Steve) Spurrier. I kind of like that. Get the call from the sideline and go run out there and make a play.

Last edited:
Side Note: Not mentioned in press conference, thought this a good place to copy and paste:

Tennessee football has won the both Co-offensive & Co-defensive players of the week. Daniel Bituli wins
@SEC
Defensive Player Of The Week. Jauan Jennings wins
@SEC
Offensive Player Of The Week. Brandon Kennedy won
@SEC OL of The Week.

Jeremy Pruitt: I didn’t know anything about Jauan Jennings, when I got the job there were details about what all happened here. I ask a lot of people in the building what they thought, & most of them who said “I wouldn’t let him come back”, they don’t work here anymore. "He’s helping shape a lot of other guys on our team, because how he goes about his business and how he competes is contagious."

This and the Maurer is ready to go are my favorite comments!!!! CPF draining the swamp Athletic department of cancer!!!! I wanna see the old school athletic department days of Doug Dickey. I get that the Curries and Hamilton admins were worried about politics and money instead of winning........but I see Bama winning a crap ton and I dont exactly see them complaining about revenue. Just win and put good products on the field / court and your fans will take care of you.

This needs to go on a plaque somewhere.

Jeremy Pruitt: I didn’t know anything about Jauan Jennings, when I got the job there were details about what all happened here. I ask a lot of people in the building what they thought, & most of them who said “I wouldn’t let him come back”, they don’t work here anymore. "He’s helping shape a lot of other guys on our team, because how he goes about his business and how he competes is contagious."Yea, that just goes to show you that, those people that isn’t there anymore was flukes. I wonder who all of those people were? That’s crazy to learn about this now. Keep those people away from now on! Geeezzze!

This and the Maurer is ready to go are my favorite comments!!!! CPF draining the swamp Athletic department of cancer!!!! I wanna see the old school athletic department days of Doug Dickey. I get that the Curries and Hamilton admins were worried about politics and money instead of winning........but I see Bama winning a crap ton and I dont exactly see them complaining about revenue. Just win and put good products on the field / court and your fans will take care of you.
He is draining it! We’re starting to see the cultural change again!

Jeremy Pruitt: I didn’t know anything about Jauan Jennings, when I got the job there were details about what all happened here. I ask a lot of people in the building what they thought, & most of them who said “I wouldn’t let him come back”, they don’t work here anymore.

THANK YOU BRADY HOKE, VERY COOL!

He should slam the refs hard and Phil should pay the fine!

It's almost like complaining about the service before you get the food. Food most likely will be spit on before you get it. Refs could continue to make life miserable it what will prob be some close games down the stretch.

Good to see that we've upgraded from smock to hoodie...

Lol.....I used to laugh about that too.....but he wore it Saturday and we layed a beat down on USC. I'm that superstitious guy that changes his shirts up during a game if needed or changes which room I watch the game in if they arent playing well.........I say keep the same outfit for every game here on out that you wore Saturday CJP....I already have the outfit I wore washed and set aside for this weekend (just doing my part to help with a win)........lmao!!!

How refreshing to hear our HC speak openly and honestly about the strengths and weaknesses of our team. He gives praise where it’s due, but he isn’t handing out champions of life trophies. It’s nice to see him acknowledge that we are starting to do things right, but that we are still hungry and we have a long way to go to get to the top. Love it.

Lol.....I used to laugh about that too.....but he wore it Saturday and we layed a beat down on USC. I'm that superstitious guy that changes his shirts up during a game if needed or changes which room I watch the game in if they arent playing well.........I say keep the same outfit for every game here on out that you wore Saturday CJP....I already have the outfit I wore washed and set aside for this weekend (just doing my part to help with a win)........lmao!!!
I wore my hoodie during both out last 2 wins and didn't when we lost. Conspiracy 🤔

Reactions: feathersax
So his wife asked him to stop and get her something to eat and he just gets her a order of fries? No sandwich to go with it? Who does something like that??? I’d be pissed!!

Reactions: bevman and kcvols1

VN Store

Back