Jeremy Pruitt was ahead of his time

I liked Dooley. He did a good job with Mizzou after his stint with the Cowboys. And look who took his place after he left Mizzou. Thanks Dooley!

Dooley was good at Mizzou with Drew Locke (althought I dont think they were as good as the yr Heupel was their OC) but they sucked the last year Dooley was there with Kelly Bryant at QB.

I am looking at everything. Dooley came in after the Kiffin one year fiasco, a total dumpster fire.

Pruitt came in after Butch Jones landed a few of arguably what were Tennessee's best classes ever and gave us a sense of some kind of stability for the first time since Fulmer.

If a new coach flames out from the beginning, you can almost always point to his last year to see what he was really capable of. Not to mention he cheated as well to be that bad and pur roster talent rankings were pretty damn high while he was here.
They both inherited a dumpster fire. Dooley, however was a worse coach in my opinion. He had a loaded offensive roster and coached them to a losing record. In fact, he never had a winning record at UT. Including 2 late game losses in 2010. I wont completely blame him for the bowl game against UNC, but that decision against LSU that cost them the game was atrocious. He had the worst record at UT since the early 1900's that had coached more than 2 seasons. Plus, he was an asshat. Including to his players from what I remember being reported.

I'm sure you watched the 2017 season. So with watching that it is very clear Pruitt didn't inherit a loaded roster. take the "great" 2015 signing class for example. Only 4 or 5 (4 star or above) of the top players in that class played for Pruitt. The rest transferred out of there, went pro, etc.

If we are being honest, Dobbs is the main reason for Butches stability. He saved their season in 2014, a primary reason the season didn't fall apart in 2015 after their start, and the reason UT beat UF and UGA in 2016.

Reactions: wmcovol
Dooley is a better coach than Pruitt. Y’all are crazy. Records be damned Dooley’s teams showed heart on the field; the offense was decent in his time here as well. Pruitt teams were painful to watch, the Georgia State game, the defense was terrible as well. Pruitt is not only the worst coach in Tennessee history, he’s the worst in conference history. If not for a season shortened by Covid his record was only going to get worse.

Arguing which is worse between Pruitt and Dooley is kinda like little kids arguing which is worse between brussels sprouts and spinach.

They both suck. That's really all that's gotta be said.

Folk are probably being a little bit hard on Pruitt.

Think of it like someone leading a military. Pruitt was very good at capitalizing on having the more powerful army. If he had the stronger force, he could get the most out of his stronger force, he proved that at his previous stops. He could use his stronger force to exploit your weaknesses.

Now what he couldn’t do, is take the weaker force and make them play like the stronger force. If he was outmatched he had no shot. That wasn’t what 4-8 Tennessee needed.

So far, Heupel seems to be what we need. If he has the stronger force, he will absolutely march all over you. If he has the weaker force, he will, at the very least, make you feel the punches of the weaker force. Usually he can make a good fight against your stronger force.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Pruitt is one of the worst coaches in modern SEC history. He is an unlikeable person, ran a boring offense, had no morals, and was a cheater. Overall, he was a horrible HC and a horrible human being. But a quick glimpse of SEC records just shows how much worse Dooley was as a coach.
Dooley would have done so much better if he would have been able to count to 11. IMHO

Arguing which is worse between Pruitt and Dooley is kinda like little kids arguing which is worse between brussels sprouts and spinach.

They both suck. That's really all that's gotta be said.
Comparing Pruitt and Dooley to Brussels and spinach(which are both f’n great) is an insult to brussels and spinach.

Folk are probably being a little bit hard on Pruitt.

Think of it like someone leading a military. Pruitt was very good at capitalizing on having the more powerful army. If he had the stronger force, he could get the most out of his stronger force, he proved that at his previous stops. He could use his stronger force to exploit your weaknesses.

Now what he couldn’t do, is take the weaker force and make them play like the stronger force. If he was outmatched he had no shot. That wasn’t what 4-8 Tennessee needed.

So far, Heupel seems to be what we need. If he has the stronger force, he will absolutely march all over you. If he has the weaker force, he will, at the very least, make you feel the punches of the weaker force. Usually he can make a good fight against your stronger force.

The JG decision alone makes me never want to see Pruitt coach again. JG had the pocket presence of a hamster. He seemed to make players around him worse. Notice.....how many times did you see JG interacting with other players on the sidelines. Very few if all. The kid was the most god awful college QB i have seen start for ANY team for a LONG time.

People say he was tough because he took a lot of hits....well...the fact is he could not read a defense to save his life, had a very slow release....never knew where he was going with the ball unless he was eyeing someone down......

He seemed to have zero desire to win as well. Like, if you just really watched him and his body language. He played ONLY for the label of being the starting qb. I saw zero intensity and hunger in his eyes....zero motivation to win when down big. My most disliked vol player EVER. Terrible god awful starting QB.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back