Jeremy Banks

I won't ever forget he was at the heart of the dust up---the confrontation with Hooker, the stomping on the T, not showing up for practice or being asked to stay home---that's all on him. That exhibition of immaturity cost the whole team a shot at making the CFP

None of us were there. Therefore, the rumors are just rumors, hearsay passed along as fact. No evidence that is what it was all about. I like riding a high horse too, but when confronted with my lack of facts, I like to think I know how to dismount, even if it means falling off the horse. If you happen to be a Christian, bub, hope the All-Father isn't as rigid with you as you insist on being with your fellow humans.

Last edited:
None pf us were there. Therefore, the rumors are just rumors, hearsay passed along as fact. No evidence that is what it was all about. I like riding a high horse too, but when confronted with my lack of facts, I like to think I know how to dismount, even if it means falling off the horse. If you happen to be a Christian, bub, hope the All-Father isn't as rigid with you as you insist on being with your fellow humans.
Sorry sir but I think you're argument is stupid. You think our argument is stupid. Call it a wash. Go give spyre more money so they can make sure another banks doesn't ruin our next shot.

Reactions: vols40 and vols 30
Vandy isn’t the same team with the same skills as SC.
I saw other players not named Banks stepping up yesterday.

Banks is very important to and very good at stopping the running game. He wouldn't have been assigned to those SC wide receivers. He wouldn't have made a four score difference at SC.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Sorry sir but I think you're argument is stupid. You think our argument is stupid. Call it a wash. Go give spyre more money so they can make sure another banks doesn't ruin our next shot.

The laughingly funny thing is, my post didn't call you stupid. Yet you feel an interesting need to refer to me as stupid. Well, Forrest Gump's mom was right about people like you. A pity, really.

I won't ever forget he was at the heart of the dust up---the confrontation with Hooker, the stomping on the T, not showing up for practice or being asked to stay home---that's all on him. That exhibition of immaturity cost the whole team a shot at making the CFP

There is exactly zero evidence that any of this happened, other than Banks being left home. We have no idea what happened and nothing that anybody has said even remotely verifies the events as you state them.

Banks was stomping on the T? Really?

Our fan base’s efficiency in villainizing our own is remarkable.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
Whatever happened, and the stories are wild and varied. I'd say Heupel is setting some boundaries for the future. The old VolNation "Mark Richt has lost control" thing can happen. Folks calling Jeremy the "Alpha Male". I think this turf is reserved for Heupel and Heupel only. At what cost?

There is exactly zero evidence that any of this happened, other than Banks being left home. We have no idea what happened and nothing that anybody has said even remotely verifies the events as you state them.

Banks was stomping on the T? Really?

Our fan base’s efficiency in villainizing our own is remarkable.
Our coach prolly left him at home so he could focus on doing good for others. Usually that's the reason a coach leaves someone at home.

Whatever happened, and the stories are wild and varied. I'd say Heupel is setting some boundaries for the future. The old VolNation "Mark Richt has lost control" thing can happen. Folks calling Jeremy the "Alpha Male". I think this turf is reserved for Heupel and Heupel only. At what cost?
In the NIL world, it is even more critical that the Coach let the players know in no uncertain terms that he is still the boss

None pf us were there. Therefore, the rumors are just rumors, hearsay passed along as fact. No evidence that is what it was all about. I like riding a high horse too, but when confronted with my lack of facts, I like to think I know how to dismount, even if it means falling off the horse. If you happen to be a Christian, bub, hope the All-Father isn't as rigid with you as you insist on being with your fellow humans.

Think about your last sentence. Does that not imply to you too?

Banks is very important to and very good at stopping the running game. He wouldn't have been assigned to those SC wide receivers. He wouldn't have made a four score difference at SC.

I don't dismiss your post but early in the game I believe the 2nd down play after our first offsides penalty Jeremy was completely out of position and allowed the running back to go for about 10 yards. It's plays like this (Jeremy's own fault) that prevent him from being a better player.

Think about your last sentence. Does that not imply to you too?

You still exist????? I was all but certain you'd been abducted by the Kaiju from planet Arcadia and fed to their pet Xenomorph. How did you survive and escape? Do you still have all your anatomical parts? Are either the Kaiju or Xenomorph still looking for you? Is that sauce or blood dripping from mouth and fingers? No, no, no need to taste it first, I will just assume it's something smelly that was frightened out of you during your escape.

You still exist????? I was all but certain you'd been abducted by the Kaiju from planet Arcadia and fed to their pet Xenomorph. How did you survive and escape? Do you still have all your anatomical parts? Are either the Kaiju or Xenomorph still looking for you? Is that sauce or blood dripping from mouth and fingers? No, no, no need to taste it first, I will just assume it's something smelly that was frightened out of you during your escape.
WTH

He is more to the defense than just his position. He leads the defense. He would have made a difference in the SC game. Not saying the outcome would have been different but it may have been as well. Banks sets the tone of r this defense just like Al Wilson did for the 98 team.

BTW, He had several pass break-ups last night. You are not giving him enough credit in the passing game either.

He is more to the defense than just his position. He leads the defense. He would have made a difference in the SC game. Not saying the outcome would have been different but it may have been as well. Banks sets the tone of r this defense just like Al Wilson did for the 98 team.

BTW, He had several pass break-ups last night. You are not giving him enough credit in the passing game either.

You lost me at the comparison to AW27

You lost me at the comparison to AW27
I didn't compare the two. I said he leads this defense the same way Al Wilson led the 98 defense. This defense is not near as good as the 98 defense. The leadership can still be the same though. Reading comprehension is not your strongest subject I see.

Reactions: checkthetape
Beat 2 top 10 teams consecutive weeks, SC is a good team!
Clemson is not a top ten team. They have just played a bad schedule and really should have lost some of those bad games. Clemson had them beat but continued to give them the ball, even on the last punt of the game.

TN did not bring a defense to the game. Not sure if the locker room issue caused them to not give an effort, if their leader not being there had them confused, or what; but that was not the same TN defense as TN has had in the other 11 games this season. The TN defense has not been good, but they have been much better than what they showed in the SC game.

SC is a bad team. They are on the level of KY which is not much better than Vanderbilt. We got humiliated by a bad team. Don't try to justify the ugly loss by saying SC is good. They aren't.

VN Store

Back