Jeremy Banks reinstated? [Pruitt says no] (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is the exact opposite. We have 5-6 guys in the running back room right now, and a ton of experience between Chandler, Jordan and Gray. Even CFA has experience and has shown some ability there, although I doubt he sees the field much beyond special teams. Only Henry T has any real experience at MLB and has shown he can can play at the high level we need. Banks is needed much more at the MLB group to deepen that position group.
I hope CJP finds a 2nd LBer to set the defense in case HT sustains an injury because I don't want to re-live the experience UT had when Kirkland went down and we were forced to rely on C.Jumper. I don't know if Banks is the guy for that or if at this time we even have anyone experienced enough now that Bituli is gone. It really hurt Bama last year losing Moses in fall camp.

False alarm - He is not reinstated.

This is so weird! I'm guessing CJP has laid out a path for Banks and perhaps Banks thought he had completed all the prerequisites.

I still think he gets back on the team but just not yet and CJP wants to be the one to make the announcement not Banks.

CJP could even be waiting for a scholly to open up via a future portal transfer.... or start him back as a walk-on until has proven that he deserves a scholly.

IF Banks Is Reinstated; The hell with Tennessee Football.

I don't want to make excuses for Banks and what he said turned my stomach and what he did was awful! However, young kids do make bonehead mistakes, especially when they are surrounded by bad influences such as music, bad role models, social injustice bs from the left and possibly even a lack of a father figure.

One of the best things that ever happened to me was getting fired from my first job. I learned a lot from mistakes I made there.

If CJP does reinstate Banks, it is because he thinks that he has learned from his mistakes, won't repeat them and will be a positive role model for the team (like Jennings was). Also Bryce Thompson got a second chance and seems to have learned from it.

I don't want to make excuses for Banks and what he said turned my stomach and what he did was awful! However, young kids do make bonehead mistakes, especially when they are surrounded by bad influences such as music, bad role models, social injustice bs from the left and possibly even a lack of a father figure.

One of the best things that ever happened to me was getting fired from my first job. I learned a lot from mistakes I made there.

If CJP does reinstate Banks, it is because he thinks that he has learned from his mistakes, won't repeat them and will be a positive role model for the team (like Jennings was). Also Bryce Thompson got a second chance and seems to have learned from it.

I understand. I'm not lowering my standards on this one. What He did was Just too Far over the line. UNTIL he starts Preaching at the Assembly of God Church, I'm Out.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I understand. I'm not lowering my standards on this one. What He did was Just too Far over the line. UNTIL he starts Preaching at the Assembly of God Church, I'm Out.
I felt almost as strongly as you at the beginning but time has softened my opinion. Really his crimes were not serious enough that he should banned from UT football if he has made the attempts necessary to adjust his behavior. His actions do not come close to crimes like assaults, destruction of property , etc , that many other athletes have done.

I don't see how he contributes at LB with the talent around him. I can see him being a RB solution should some others not pan out at the position. I don't think he is very meaningful to the team, outside of some depth.
Pruitt said he was extremely gifted and has the potential to be the best linebacker he's ever coached. The list of linebackers he's coached is pretty impressive. I think he will find a way to get on the field.

Pruitt said he was extremely gifted and has the potential to be the best linebacker he's ever coached. The list of linebackers he's coached is pretty impressive. I think he will find a way to get on the field.
I disagree, and coaches say lots of exaggerated stuff.

Reactions: I40flyer
I disagree, and coaches say lots of exaggerated stuff.
Either Pruitt think's he's SEC talent or has a man crush on him. You don't keep people around who act a fool that have no talent. Im not the hugest Pruitt fan by any means but i think he had been around long enough to know talent when he sees it.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back