Jeremy Banks reinstated? [Pruitt says no] (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will see. IMO he has more upside as a Rb if the fumbling issues are a thing of the past. We are solid at LB. He brings more value to the roster as a Rb.
My opinion is the exact opposite. We have 5-6 guys in the running back room right now, and a ton of experience between Chandler, Jordan and Gray. Even CFA has experience and has shown some ability there, although I doubt he sees the field much beyond special teams. Only Henry T has any real experience at MLB and has shown he can can play at the high level we need. Banks is needed much more at the MLB group to deepen that position group.

My opinion is the exact opposite. We have 5-6 guys in the running back room right now, and a ton of experience between Chandler, Jordan and Gray. Even CFA has experience and has shown some ability there, although I doubt he sees the field much beyond special teams. Only Henry T has any real experience at MLB and has shown he can can play at the high level we need. Banks is needed much more at the MLB group to deepen that position group.
My opinion of next years Lb roster is dependent on that the Memphis trio and Crouch/Harrison are solid contributors next year along with Henry T and the upperclassmen on the roster. I do not consider Jordan and Chandler as quality Sec backs and Gray’s long term value is uncertain. Gray may be a 1000 yard rusher or he may become a bust.

I don't see how he contributes at LB with the talent around him. I can see him being a RB solution should some others not pan out at the position. I don't think he is very meaningful to the team, outside of some depth.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if he starts at Linebacker. Not sure what talent you're talking about. Toot and? Crouch is almost certainly playing OLB and JJP hasn't shown much of anything as of now. Maybe an incoming freshman can play, but Banks has a real shot at starting with a whole offseason working at LB.

If Banks is indeed back he will almost certainly be on special teams and added back to the linebacker room where he can provide some depth. He will start at the bottom of the depth chart and have to work his way up. Good luck to him and I hope he's a changed and better person.

If Banks is indeed back he will almost certainly be on special teams and added back to the linebacker room where he can provide some depth. He will start at the bottom of the depth chart and have to work his way up. Good luck to him and I hope he's a changed and better person.
I've heard he will actually be third from the bottom.

I can only guess but while he's been in the doghouse I imagine Pruitt was in contact with him making sure he was keeping his conditioning and workouts up as part of his requirements to rejoin the team and having him study playbook for all possible positions he might play. I'm not sure if there are rules that the ncaa has that limits contact between coaches and players in his situation. I know allot more of you out there know what the rules are if so I would like to know?

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked at all if he starts at Linebacker. Not sure what talent you're talking about. Toot and? Crouch is almost certainly playing OLB and JJP hasn't shown much of anything as of now. Maybe an incoming freshman can play, but Banks has a real shot at starting with a whole offseason working at LB.

Neither has Banks at LB. Now those 2 picks against Chatt were legit. Lol one of those he got tackled immediately. Not yet sold on Jeremy as an elite player at LB or RB in the SEC. Hoping this "turnaround" translates to the field as well

I think Banks can be a starter at LBer. He has decent speed and has “that” attitude. Probably not an Al Wilson but some similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back