Jeremy Banks reinstated? [Pruitt says no] (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What in the holy hell happened in here? Who's the head monkey in this here ostrich parade?

My take on this whole situation is that he was asked this question during a post NSD interview and he did not want to take the focus off of the outstanding signees that signed on to UT. JMHO.
Maybe, but mine is that Banks isn’t reinstated...just yet. At this same point before Pruitt’s first season, he would have answered the same concerning Jauan Jennings.

giphy.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I heard Hyams on the radio today and he did say Banks is not enrolled in school. However, he’s still listed as active in the student directory as of tonight.

B39306B2-D86D-4C33-9776-32F52604DD1D.jpeg

Reactions: Gandalf
Yes and no. If he is going to be reinstated, then, while being true, isn't what I'd call straight talk-laying out it out if you will. If he isn't and won't be, then his answer will suffice, and is in fact straight talk. Hope this helps. I guess when asking the coach a question, you need to be very specific, such as "Is banks reinstated, and do you plan on to reinstate him in the future, in time to have him playing this season?", otherwise you may get a "for that moment only" type answer. The type of thing that is expected of a sleezeeee politico type, not from a UT Football coach. But as CJP is a straight talking, honest type guy, I'm going to take his answer-in the full.
Why would he say he isn't reinstated, but he will be reinstated, if Banks hasn't done the things he needs to do in order to be reinstated yet? His answer is "no". If things change and his answer changes to "yes" it in no way comes across as sleezy. I think you're overcomplicating this.

My head feels like it has been watching a great tennis match. Left, right, left, right, fast, slow, up, down, faster, faster, left, right, back back back, forward, up, down....

Most interesting and quickest changing thread of 2020 for sure. Banks BETTER come back now after all this damn attention here on VN.

Why would he say he isn't reinstated, but he will be reinstated, if Banks hasn't done the things he needs to do in order to be reinstated yet? His answer is "no". If things change and his answer changes to "yes" it in no way comes across as sleezy. I think you're overcomplicating this.
You may have a point; however, anyone interested in the situation would like to know if there is a plan to reinstate, not just, at this very moment he isn't reinstated. I must point out, many close the banks family, and/or real insiders (with the AD football program/coaches) have told us of the special rehab program CJP has banks on, and that we will see him (once he has completed the program) back on the team. I assume they mean on full scholarship etc., I guess at least one of the recruits isn't going to get the scholarship, if we must stay within those NCAA regs of 85-but who knows.

Reactions: sjt18
You may have a point; however, anyone interested in the situation would like to know if there is a plan to reinstate, not just, at this very moment he isn't reinstated. I must point out, many close the banks family, and/or real insiders (with the AD football program/coaches) have told us of the special rehab program CJP has banks on, and that we will see him (once he has completed the program) back on the team. I assume they mean on full scholarship etc., I guess at least one of the recruits isn't going to get the scholarship, if we must stay within those NCAA regs of 85-but who knows.
You don't know more than anyone else, not in the program. We will know in due time, so don't sweat it.

You don't know more than anyone else, not in the program. We will know in due time, so don't sweat it.
You are quite correct, did you read my post? I stated THOSE close to the program and close to the banks family (not me) have told us, on this very board, CJP has banks on a "special rehab" program with a path back to the team. Perhaps those claiming to be "insiders" are just blowing hot gas, and in fact banks is not coming back to the team, he may not even be coming back to school. We'll find out, I'd hate to think we have a bunch of posters claiming to be insiders and are in fact not insiders. Don't sweat it, CJP has it by the horns.

I don't have a clue as to whether or not he comes back....

IMO, it's starting to look like not, would have thought by now we would have heard something, although it could still be a little early.

I don't have a clue as to whether or not he comes back....

IMO, it's starting to look like not, would have thought by now we would have heard something, although it could still be a little early.
When was Jennings cleared to return? Seem to remember it was after Spring and before Fall camp.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
When was Jennings cleared to return? Seem to remember it was after Spring and before Fall camp.
I don't remember for sure, seems like January, don't quote me on that.

I would have thought Banks would be back on the team in time for spring practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back