Jeremy Banks out tonight

Well it's true his presence wouldn't have made much difference, unless he could simultaneously pressure the QB and cover all receivers at the same time. We have nobody else playing defense tonight.
You really just have to do one or the other and he can tackle/pressure the QB. About no one else on our defense can tackle

Reactions: mpfvol
I thought over time Tim Banks could get it done.

Time is up…..too much embarrassment. The O is too good for the D to be this bad.

He got to go.

Time to go out and get a LEGIT DC.

Right not I’d do whatever I could to try and get Phil Parker. Surely he’s tired of having a good D but no offense.

Last edited:
Regardless, He sure was missed tonight. Became a beast for our defense! If true better pay the man before we lose to vandy!

Reactions: JoAllan
After what he pulled this week I’d just send him home for good.

He tried to demand more NIL money and then tried to force the issue by skipping/being late to practice. Just being a selfish and shortsighted idiot.
Where are you hearing this?

Reactions: DuckInAPen
One would have thought we lost two or three 1st team SEC players to have this kind of drop off.

Brutal.

The fact that all it took was our starting MLB to be out for one game for our defense to fall apart is pretty damning for Tim Banks. Worst defensive performance in a few decades for Tennessee.
Worst defensive performance I think I've ever seen from a Tennessee defense. Worse that Sunseri's defense..... and that's saying something...

Well it's true his presence wouldn't have made much difference, unless he could simultaneously pressure the QB and cover all receivers at the same time. We have nobody else playing defense tonight.
It may be more than him not playing. If he did that and the other players knew it, it could affect the spirit of the whole defense.

I didn’t see a thread on this, but rumors are Banks was upset about NIL, hasn’t been going to class, and tried fighting Hooker in the locker room this week. Not good, not good at all. If this is true we have a locker room issue.
Let’s wait and see what happened. No need to speculate. Our playoff hopes are over. We have Vandy and a bowl game with the potential for Milton to start his first game this season. The next two games should be a kick off to his leadership next season and taking some momentum into the offseason.

VN Store

Back