Jeremy Banks is back on the team

What I’m saying is you can play in 4 games and still redshirt. I believe he only played in 4 games. If so, he should be a redshirt sophomore. He’s not used his original redshirt to need a medical
Right, sorry, don't know why my brain jumped straight to medical.

Reactions: Vol8188
I figured Shrout would stay since his GF is there. But he has potential to do well elsewhere so I can see him moving on. Maurer.... writing will be on the wall for him to move on next year
Maurer and Shrout will surprise and be announced co-starters by Pruitt prior to the first game of the next season whenever that will be.

Maurer and Shrout will surprise and be announced co-starters by Pruitt prior to the first game of the next season whenever that will be.

They both flashed at times. I don’t think we should completely give up on any of our 5 qbs. The best news is there should be an insane level of competition and whoever wins should be a very capable SEC qb

I figured Shrout would stay since his GF is there. But he has potential to do well elsewhere so I can see him moving on. Maurer.... writing will be on the wall for him to move on next year
I thought Shrout might go but some have said he's satisfied.

I have said for a long time that if Maurer is ever going to be good enough to win the job then it will probably come down to his ability to catch an unstable "starter" like JG this fall. Maurer now has experience plus a full year plus in the program. Much of what he needed work on can be done in the film room. Losing spring probably hurt him. It may have changed the course of his career. But my thinking is that if he isn't good enough to beat out JG this year... he won't likely hold off the kind of talent UT is bringing in behind him.

For that matter... the lights could come on for Shrout too. The guy has a terrific arm.

I'm not predicting the "writing will be on the wall for him to move on"... I think he has a decent chance to beat JG out unless JG improves pretty significantly.

VN Store

Back