Jeremy banks east/west shrine bowl

Lengthy post so my apologies.

The coaching staff never divulged the reason, but the below comments are 100000% fact as Banks was angry over NIL money. Banks went off yelling about NIL in the locker room (one day mid-week), stepped on the “T” seal, and then Hendo intervened & told him to do push-ups.

Banks was already on a tirade, refused, & went after Hendo. Milton intervened and put an end to the altercation. Milton is a big dude and he wasn’t going to allow anyone to get close to Hendo as those two are inseparable and like brothers.

Heupel took the side of his team captain, Hendo, and Banks was not allowed to travel with the team. Not to mention, Banks also missed (at least one) a meeting.

The above is a fact as a couple of walk-on receivers watch the “away” games with my son and his fraternity buddies since they don’t travel with the team. It’s the same way I posted that the WR from Middle TN would hit the portal, so it’s a fact.

Anyway, it was a back eye on the program and the team was not in unison as the defensive players love Banks and thought he should’ve played.

I agree with others that it’s time time to move on as we had a he$$ of a season. But I will always ask myself “what if,” as this game is the second worst TN loss in my life time, the first being the 2001 SEC championship vs. LSU. We had that game won and Saban out coached Fulmer in the 2nd half and won w/ a second string QB and RB

We were at the game and ready to buy our tickets to play Miami in the national title game.

Go Vols!

The above account is accurate as I got the same story from a Spyre employee. Now, for the rest of the story. NIL money has been an issue for Banks even before the season started. Prior to the season, Banks approached Spyre wanting more NIL money, and Spyre told him they felt he was being fairly compensated. Banks told Spyre he would have his representative contact them about the situation. His representative turned out to be none other than Jeremy Pruitt. This comes directly from a Spyre employee.

Then, the week of the SC game he was suspended as told in the above account. Again, the rest of the story. After being told he was suspended, he went to Spyre and told them if he didn’t get additional NIL money he would not play in the SC game. At that time it had not been announced by the UTAD that he was suspended. Again, this was directly from a Spyre employee.

NIL compensation was an issue the entire season for Banks.

I completely agree. It only takes one bad apple to affect the entire team and the outcome of a game. Today, in many instances, people are easily led down a wrong path through fear and intimidation instead of taking a less popular stance for the good of the community. From multiple people and players, Banks was not a team player and his arrogant behavior affected the rest of the players. Like you, I am more disappointed with the other players who allowed Banks to influence their playing and the outcome of the South Carolina game. Supporting Banks was more important to them than deciding the fate of the team in the national rankings to determine the National Champion. Go Vols !

I'm 67 years old and I still get ticked off thinking about it...Lol.

I told 4 guys I was with that night we just witnessed the end of UT football as we had become accustomed...Little did I know it would last so long.

I thought TN would bounce back in 2004 or 2005. We we were loaded in 2005 and I recall John Saunders predicting TN to win the natty. Instead we went 5-6 and many knew it was time for Fulmer to go.

Reactions: murfvol1
Did Banks play in the bowl game?

Some speculated he was ineligible due to grades while others say he opted out. I don’t recall if it Hubbs, Foster on 104.5 the zone, or another; but he said Heup agreed Banks should not make the trip. He walked on graduation day but didn’t graduate so……. Time to move on and hopefully we will be in the post season conversation in November.

I had so much fun this past season and being in Neyland for the FL win and then Bama… wow! Incredible!

Some speculated he was ineligible due to grades while others say he opted out. I don’t recall if it Hubbs, Foster on 104.5 the zone, or another; but he said Heup agreed Banks should not make the trip. He walked on graduation day but didn’t graduate so……. Time to move on and hopefully we will be in the post season conversation in November.

I had so much fun this past season and being in Neyland for the FL win and then Bama… wow! Incredible!
I was just curious if he wasn't eligible for the bowl game, how he played in this. I don't know the rules, just wondering.

Reactions: vol94
Banks’ lapse in maturity cost the team A LOT. It’s always a “what if,” but that South Carolina game not only cost the Vols a spot in the playoffs but it also got Hendon Hooker injured. Who knows . . . but if the team had been at full strength without the distractions, maybe Hooker isn’t hurt. That means Hooker is likely a Heisman finalist, he finishes the season in the field, and his draft stock is probably higher than it seems now.

Assuming the reports are even partially true, Banks not having his head right and showing some incredible immaturity kept the program from even greater heights in 2022. The guy also made some big plays for us, but he definitely tarnished his legacy as a Vol . . . Which is a shame because the guy went through a lot here.

The above account is accurate as I got the same story from a Spyre employee. Now, for the rest of the story. NIL money has been an issue for Banks even before the season started. Prior to the season, Banks approached Spyre wanting more NIL money, and Spyre told him they felt he was being fairly compensated. Banks told Spyre he would have his representative contact them about the situation. His representative turned out to be none other than Jeremy Pruitt. This comes directly from a Spyre employee.

Then, the week of the SC game he was suspended as told in the above account. Again, the rest of the story. After being told he was suspended, he went to Spyre and told them if he didn’t get additional NIL money he would not play in the SC game. At that time it had not been announced by the UTAD that he was suspended. Again, this was directly from a Spyre employee.

NIL compensation was an issue the entire season for Banks.
Maybe Banks learned a lesson from this situation, but I really doubt it. P{layers with his attitude seldom succeed and become dependable players.

Lengthy post so my apologies.

The coaching staff never divulged the reason, but the below comments are 100000% fact as Banks was angry over NIL money. Banks went off yelling about NIL in the locker room (one day mid-week), stepped on the “T” seal, and then Hendo intervened & told him to do push-ups.

Banks was already on a tirade, refused, & went after Hendo. Milton intervened and put an end to the altercation. Milton is a big dude and he wasn’t going to allow anyone to get close to Hendo as those two are inseparable and like brothers.

Heupel took the side of his team captain, Hendo, and Banks was not allowed to travel with the team. Not to mention, Banks also missed (at least one) a meeting.

The above is a fact as a couple of walk-on receivers watch the “away” games with my son and his fraternity buddies since they don’t travel with the team. It’s the same way I posted that the WR from Middle TN would hit the portal, so it’s a fact.

Anyway, it was a back eye on the program and the team was not in unison as the defensive players love Banks and thought he should’ve played.

I agree with others that it’s time time to move on as we had a he$$ of a season. But I will always ask myself “what if,” as this game is the second worst TN loss in my life time, the first being the 2001 SEC championship vs. LSU. We had that game won and Saban out coached Fulmer in the 2nd half and won w/ a second string QB and RB

We were at the game and ready to buy our tickets to play Miami in the national title game.

Go Vols!
I feel like Hooker was right at the peak of his NIL stuff w/ Mercedes and the French’s deals. I imagine he was probably the target of some of the comments too. Kind of hard to run away from the story where you talk about shooting cops when you’re being arrested. Companies tend to frown upon that when deciding whether they want you to endorse their product or not.

Reactions: walkenvol
It certainly seemed like a changing of the Guard. Seems like a lifetime ago, been some tough years as a Vol fan.
Doesn’t seem so long ago if I’m being honest. I was at that POS game. Remember it well.

Maybe Banks learned a lesson from this situation, but I really doubt it. P{layers with his attitude seldom succeed and become dependable players.
Dude had multiple chances to become a better person. He just didn’t. The sad thing is he was the leader of that defense. Hope he figures it out in the future. I won’t say we would’ve won that Carolina game but I dare say we do better than allow a TD everytime they touch the ball.

I feel like Hooker was right at the peak of his NIL stuff w/ Mercedes and the French’s deals. I imagine he was probably the target of some of the comments too. Kind of hard to run away from the story where you talk about shooting cops when you’re being arrested. Companies tend to frown upon that when deciding whether they want you to endorse their product or not.

Agree. And Banks got paid this yr.

I’ll be shocked if he’s drafted. Doesn’t read/react will. Multiple off the field issues that are well documented (threatening multiple women and then being suspended again this season for something).

the off the field issues are nothing. There’s no such thing in the NFL as “off the field issues”

VN Store

Back