Jeremy Banks could be the best RB

Who would you like to see get the most carries?

• Jeremy Banks

Votes: 162 33.7%
  • Ty Chandler

Votes: 231 48.0%
  • Tim Jordan

Votes: 82 17.0%
  • Madre London

Votes: 6 1.2%

• Total voters
My only issue with Chandler is do we even know if he can run through the tackles consistently. We all know if he gets to the outside and in space he can be dangerous but I am not a firm believer he can be consistently effective through the middle.

He played on a historically bad Vols team last year whose OL was poorer than what we have seen on the field so far this season. He averaged 4.3 ypc, so you tell me, can he run between the tackles or not?

cfbstats.com - Ty Chandler 2017 Player Statistics - Tennessee Volunteers

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Probably because this isn't 1950s football.....

1950 Football? Georgia and Alabama run out of the "I" Formation all the time and do very well. And when Fulmer was Coaching we ran out of that formation with alot of success. Besides who cares if its even the wing formation as long as it works?

1950 Football? Georgia and Alabama run out of the "I" Formation all the time and do very well. And when Fulmer was Coaching we ran out of that formation with alot of success. Besides who cares if its even the wing formation as long as it works?

Suppose you missed the point ehh? He said run it until they stop it. I am not against running the "I" Formation. But you can't just run it every play until they stop it. That is some 1950s (Me being sarcastic) stuff.

I like the competition and extremely happy Banks made a statement last week. Keeps everyone on their toes.

I voted for Ty as I don't think this would be a question if he hadn't got hurt. That's not to take anything away from the other running backs. We have a very talented stable of guys at that position. It's easily the deepest position on the team. It's one of the few good problems we have.
Health is part of the evaluation. Talent that you can’t bring to the field does no one any good. And I’ve yet to see Chandler run effectively inside.

Yeah, I'm telling you he hasn't. He had one game that was over 50 yards rushing and that was Kentucky. Go look at the stats game by game.
That was one of the most frustrating things about the last staff. You didn't really see Kamara until Hurd was out for the game or gone. Then you wouldn't see Kelly until Kamara was gone. So it's fitting that we wouldn't really see Chandler until Kelly was gone. Coach Jones did not know how to use a stable of RB's.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back