Jeff Driskel on Vol fans at Neyland in today's presser

We have alot of people around here making jokes who think they are cute. It is embarrassing to see people leaving in the 2nd half at Neyland and the Gators are taking note. Say what you will but this helps the psyche of the opponent and helps to reinforce to our team that we have no hope of breaking the streak.

Continue your cuteness...

Reactions: 2 people
M8zrp.jpg

Found this on google. I believe the person who created the picture was 99gator.

We have alot of people around here making jokes who think they are cute. It is embarrassing to see people leaving in the 2nd half at Neyland and the Gators are taking note. Say what you will but this helps the psyche of the opponent and helps to reinforce to our team that we have no hope of breaking the streak.

LSU played Miss St to the final play with 80% of the fans already gone.

It's not all on the fans - team needs to play 60 minutes - in 2012 our guys quit with 20 minutes left to play.

Butch has fixed the mentality - good results will follow soon.

Of all stories, this one is exceptionally cool.

Because if anything, we know that the entire Gator football team and staff are on here reading our comments and saying "look how cute they are! This totally helps our psyche!"

Reactions: 1 person
Are you sure he is talking about emptying Neyland Stadium or their own stadium after that stellar 4-8 season last year.

No, he specifically said Neyland Stadium by referring to what they did when they played here the last time, but I know what you meant. :birgits_giggle:

Last edited:
"We pride ourselves on emptying the stadium"

A reference to the 2012 game.

The site is terrible but if you want to watch the video here...

In the SEC, teams pride themselves on beating Driskel senseless .. he might want to keep his mouth shut because the last stadium they emptied was The Swamp as their fans watched Georgia Southern whoop his little lizards.

Reactions: 3 people
LSU played Miss St to the final play with 80% of the fans already gone.

It's not all on the fans - team needs to play 60 minutes - in 2012 our guys quit with 20 minutes left to play.

Butch has fixed the mentality - good results will follow soon.

Of course it's not "all on the fans." It's not even mostly or significantly on the fans. It's the teams responsibility to make sure they are ready to play the entire game. But Driskel said it straight up. The gators take pride in emptying the stadium. I don't know why some "fans" want to give the opponent that sense of accomplishment and tell our team that "we don't believe in you." The fans can have a positive or negative impact. There should be no one arguing that because everyone involved in the game admits it (players, coaches, recruits). I think that argument is used by those that like to make excuses for themselves after leaving in the 2nd half. It's still embarrassing.

Last edited:
In the SEC, teams pride themselves on beating Driskel senseless .. he might want to keep his mouth shut because the last stadium they emptied was The Swamp as their fans watched Georgia Southern whoop his little lizards.

Excuse me, sir, but that's the 81st ranked QB in the country you are disrespecting there.

Total Quarterback Rating - College Football - ESPN

How embarrassing will all of this be if we lose?

I stood up at a comedy club in Hermosa Beach when I went out to the UCLA game in 08. The guy at the mic asked why we were there (ice breaker to get the crowd involved) I said we were Vols in town to kick UCLA's ass! I got booed and he made fun of me for a bit. Well, you know how that ended. That's embarrassing! :eek:lol:

Or so he says in reference to this weekend's game.

For those of you attending Saturday, please remember these comments EACH AND EVERY TIME FLORIDA HAS THE BALL and let him know with your entire lung capacity just how un-empty Neyland Stadium is. Make it hell on him.

That is all.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back