Jeff Bezos

Needs to pay some damn taxes

He does. A lot. And the money that the government has taken from Amazon hasn't helped the economy nearly as much as what they've kept, invested, and grown the business. All of those employees pay taxes and despite the Leftist narrative many of them are highly paid engineers, computer scientists, financial, and other professionals. They aren't all just unskilled workers earning $15-$25/hour.

That $10 billion should have been confiscated (via taxes) so that the government could squander it.
Instead he will form a 501c so that the government doesn’t see a penny and half the money will go to “administration” supporting boondoggle trips to DC for “lobbying” efforts or taking politicians on “fact finding” trips

Instead he will form a 501c so that the government doesn’t see a penny and half the money will go to “administration” supporting boondoggle trips to DC for “lobbying” efforts or taking politicians on “fact finding” trips

So you’d prefer that the government squander the money instead of the guy who earned it?

Reactions: tbones0711

In all likelihood that's better than what the government would have done with it. Abd ultimately it's Bezos' money so he should be able to dispose of it as he wishes.

He comes off as mini me trying to pass himself off as Dr Evil
im-53099

We watched about half the front line special on Amazon last night and it is pretty fascinating. The fact that he started with books simply because there were more of them to sell and a wider variety than any other commodity was brilliant. And it was instant consumer data as we buy books based on our interests, hobbies, career etc. Sneakily evil genius. Then the fact he was able to convince investors to wait years for the pay off, at the peak of the dot com boom no less, is incredible.
They mentioned in the past few years, Amazon has purchased over 20000 robots for their fulfillment centers, plus hired 300,000 more workers. Why didn’t they just replace the workers with the robots? Because the workers keep them tied to every community in the country so they seem like the good guys. Maybe they are, I’m undecided at this point. But I do buy a lot with my Amazon Prime account...

We watched about half the front line special on Amazon last night and it is pretty fascinating. The fact that he started with books simply because there were more of them to sell and a wider variety than any other commodity was brilliant. And it was instant consumer data as we buy books based on our interests, hobbies, career etc. Sneakily evil genius. Then the fact he was able to convince investors to wait years for the pay off, at the peak of the dot com boom no less, is incredible.
They mentioned in the past few years, Amazon has purchased over 20000 robots for their fulfillment centers, plus hired 300,000 more workers. Why didn’t they just replace the workers with the robots? Because the workers keep them tied to every community in the country so they seem like the good guys. Maybe they are, I’m undecided at this point. But I do buy a lot with my Amazon Prime account...
I thought it was a fascinating documentary. Frontline always does a good job with their stuff even though they approach most topics with a left political lean, which I disagree with. Some of the concerns they raised about Amazon I thought weren't legitimate, some were.

It's absolutely incredible what they've done. Within about a ~20 year time frame, they've gone from an online bookseller to what is essentially a tech conglomerate that controls most of the e-commerce channel in the United States for every product imaginable. Plus they have cloud computing, streaming, and AI businesses. If they had just one of the aforementioned businesses, they'd still be a major player.

Reactions: YorkVol
He feels guilty about all of the trees that had to die to make all of those shipping boxes. Or he's an evil genius that just hoodwinked liberal environmentalists.

Needs to pay some damn taxes

He and Amazon pay more taxes than any of us can fathom. The myth is that Amazon pays no taxes. The truth is that some years they show no profit so they pay no corporate income tax, but they still pay a zillion in taxes and Bezos pays taxes when he pays himself and buys stuff.

She still gets half and the mistress will want a giant chunk too.
Yeah, but usually people who get prenups enter into the marriage with a huge gap in wealth. In 1993, they were for all intents and purposes just regular people. I mean, they certainly weren't poor and had good white-collar jobs, but they were both working at the same hedge fund when they met. Probably had very similar financial situations. Bezos forming what eventually would become a trillion dollar company was I doubt something he anticipcated.

Now, if he has a lick of sense, he will get a prenup if he marries the now-mistress.

Yeah, but usually people who get prenups enter into the marriage with a huge gap in wealth. In 1993, they were for all intents and purposes just regular people. I mean, they certainly weren't poor and had good white-collar jobs, but they were both working at the same hedge fund when they met. Probably had very similar financial situations. Bezos forming what eventually would become a trillion dollar company was I doubt something he anticipcated.

Now, if he has a lick of sense, he will get a prenup if he marries the now-mistress.

Can’t speak for all people with a lot of money but the ones I’ve met don’t have much stock in sense.

VN Store

Back