Jauan Jennings makes 49ers practice squad

Evergrenevol

Lux et Veritas
Former Tennessee WR Jauan Jennings lands on NFL practice squad

* Practice squad players make a minimum of $8,400 per week or $134,400 for 16 games. Veteran players with over two years of experience will make $12,000 per week or $192,000 for 16 games.

10 players allowed on a practice squad. Work, Learn and be ready to play when opportunity knocks.

Last edited:
They get to dress two guys from the practice squad every week and each player can only be dressed a maximum of two games without being called up. He's got a pretty good chance to dress for those two games. He can also be signed by any other team.

$134,000, a lot of that could get to the bank.

How many are on a practice squad?

Is the practice squad part of the Union?

Lol, off the top in Cali and federal taxes at $134K at least 35% and that's to the low side. Agent cuts at least 10% off the top. Before he has paid rent in SF one of the highest real estate markets in the nation almost half is gone. He's sitting with about $67K before he pays rent and utilities, gas is about $4 a gallon there still, he's not going to go balling in the Bay fo' sho'. I was talking to friend of mine who says in Sant Cruz they're renting tents in backyards for $2000 per month, no inside privileges like bathroom or kitchen. You figure it out.

They get to dress two guys from the practice squad every week and each player can only be dressed a maximum of two games without being called up. He's got a pretty good chance to dress for those two games. He can also be signed by any other team.
It may even be week 1, the top two receivers (Deebo Samuel and Branden Aiyuk) have been injured and didn’t practice today

Reactions: Evergrenevol
I was talking to friend of mine who says in Sant Cruz they're renting tents in backyards for $2000 per month, no inside privileges like bathroom or kitchen. You figure it out.
As someone who owns real estate near Santa Cruz this definitely isn't true.

Reactions: TennTom and Devo182
As someone who owns real estate near Santa Cruz this definitely isn't true.
People will believe anything. No different than NYC or any other major city, you earn big in the city and live on the outskirts until you stack checks. Build equity in starter property and keep leveling up. Like any game. He is 22-23 making 134k for the practice squad, good for JJ.

Last edited:
Lol, off the top in Cali and federal taxes at $134K at least 35% and that's to the low side. Agent cuts at least 10% off the top. Before he has paid rent in SF one of the highest real estate markets in the nation almost half is gone. He's sitting with about $67K before he pays rent and utilities, gas is about $4 a gallon there still, he's not going to go balling in the Bay fo' sho'. I was talking to friend of mine who says in Sant Cruz they're renting tents in backyards for $2000 per month, no inside privileges like bathroom or kitchen. You figure it out.
About 25% income taxes. 32% total with payroll taxes. NFL agents can also not make no more than 3%. So call it 35% total. $7,300/mo take home. Throw in any endorsements. Could rent a nice place on that or just live in Oakland or go Jeremy Lin and bunk with a mate, stack checks. Easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfullVol
He signed a 4 year contract with them. I don’t know if the contracts contain a clause contingent on making the roster. But assuming not, they’ve got to pay at that rate if higher.

That's rough not making taht team, with as bad as their WRs are right now. I believe in him, though. I think he'll get his shot.

The only thing I can think of is either they wanted more speed or he's injured somehow. That is a ridiculously low amount to pay someone with his talent/drive/determination.

If google is correct looks like he gets around 600K or so for 4 years guaranteed. I am betting that 134K is for undrafted players that make the practice squad. I really hope things work out for the kid. He is definitely a baller. Hard to keep a kid like him off the field.

Reactions: BUCCnVOLfan

roommates, lots of PS roommates

About 25% income taxes. 32% total with payroll taxes. NFL agents can also not make no more than 3%. So call it 35% total. $7,300/mo take home. Throw in any endorsements. Could rent a nice place on that or just live in Oakland or go Jeremy Lin and bunk with a mate, stack checks. Easy.
900 sq ft in San Jose is $3200/month. SF is more expensive. He's not going to be stacking checks in the Bay Area at that level.

900 sq ft in San Jose is $3200/month. SF is more expensive. He's not going to be stacking checks in the Bay Area at that level.
Yeah Cali is high and depending on the city things can be even higher...state income taxes and cost of living out there is no joke.
He could live pretty good in TN making that though.
Still good on him making the practice squad...at least he has a chance of being called up

People will believe anything. No different than NYC or any other major city, you earn big in the city and live on the outskirts until you stack checks. Build equity in starter property and keep leveling up. Like any game. He is 22-23 making 134k for the practice squad, good for JJ.
Not to mention. Usually those organizations take care of you and help you find a liveable area, as well as fellow teammates letting you rent. Etc.

Will his will overcome his measurables? The kid is like Kumara in the fact you can't bring him down.

VN Store

Back