Jauan Jennings "Definitely More Talented than a 7th Rounder"

Probably bad deal getting drafted in the 7th...would have been better off as free agent but either way he's getting a chance to play in the NFL

It was a joke he made it past the 3rd round.

Naw I think 3-4 early 5th was about his floor if
U ask me..I woulda have taken him in the 4th all day long,kids like him hard to find has that dog in him.Ive met a lot of special athleteā€™a,big guys,all that heart pumped puppy piss but Jennings always brought it no matter what.Thats sumthin u canā€™t teach and the niners got a steal !

Yeah us Vols knew that all along.

The NFL is waaaaay too obsessed with the combine BS.

If you watched the film, he manhandled defenses at the highest level other than the NFL. Nothing more you can really ask out of a guy coming out of college.
I agree to a certain extent. But name me 5 WRs in the last 20 years that have had success in the NFL and ran under 4.7....ill wait. I dont agree JJ's speed will be as big as deal as scouts and teams obviously thought. But add to that the issues he had at UT (again, blown out of proportion) and the stank on UT recently and it kind of adds up. Trust me scouts we're praying he'd run a 4.6 so they could easily sell him as a late second early 3 to their front offices. So was I. In the end the Niners got a steak and if Hurd comes out healthy this year they have a young WR corps to be reckoned with. That's a scary offense because they can pass or run at will and eat up clock.

I agree to a certain extent. But name me 5 WRs in the last 20 years that have had success in the NFL and ran under 4.7....ill wait. I dont agree JJ's speed will be as big as deal as scouts and teams obviously thought. But add to that the issues he had at UT (again, blown out of proportion) and the stank on UT recently and it kind of adds up. Trust me scouts we're praying he'd run a 4.6 so they could easily sell him as a late second early 3 to their front offices. So was I. In the end the Niners got a steak and if Hurd comes out healthy this year they have a young WR corps to be reckoned with. That's a scary offense because they can pass or run at will and eat up clock.
Anquan Boldin. Larry Fitz was over 4.6

Don't act like there hasn't been just as many WRs move up draft boards due to a 40 time and be absolute busts. Seems to happen every year. JJ can play, that's all that matters.

He will get his money when he shows everybody else.

He already signed a 4-year deal (but I think only the signing bonus is guaranteed):

ā€œThe total value of Jennings' four-year contract is believed to be $3,406,024, or very close to that amount, according to OverTheCap.com. That includes a signing bonus of $111,024 and a 2020 salary-cap figure of $637,756.ā€

He already signed a 4-year deal (but I think only the signing bonus is guaranteed):

ā€œThe total value of Jennings' four-year contract is believed to be $3,406,024, or very close to that amount, according to OverTheCap.com. That includes a signing bonus of $111,024 and a 2020 salary-cap figure of $637,756.ā€
correct. After his 4 year deal, if he shows out, he gets paid.

correct. After his 4 year deal, if he shows out, he gets paid.

Yep. I think we all hope he has a similar advancement like Justin Coleman.

Although, even at the current level, his contract isnā€™t exactly chump change. At around a million per, even the the highest paid undergraduates (and even med and law school) would be envious.

Is this a Captain Obvious thread or what?

captain-obvious-meme.jpg

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
I think they coexist. Imagine Deebo Samuel, Hurd, JJ, Kittles on the same field together. We know it's unstoppable, how long before the coaches figure it out?

Well the problem is, is that all they can do is imagine it.

Hurd was hurt all of last year...
And now this year too....

Reactions: bpalmer28
I think they coexist. Imagine Deebo Samuel, Hurd, JJ, Kittles on the same field together. We know it's unstoppable, how long before the coaches figure it out?
Hurd is on IR for the year but our first round pick lead all of college football in YAC last year. Little lead the NFL in the same stat. Those two plus Deebo and JJ? Sheesh. Should be fun

VN Store

Back