Jason Swain Tweet.

VolsofJericho

“Auburn’s OC Chip Lindsey is set to receive a $100k retention bonus today if he’s still on the Auburn staff. Many people believe he’s Pruitt’s top choice for the Tennessee OC job.” - Jason Swain.

There ya go.

Great Hire if true...

If Freeze is free to coach, why not take a head coaching job somewhere?
No one is going to give Freeze a HC job unless of lower teir FBS or a FCS making less than a million a year. Why do that when you can make probably 1.5 with less responsibilities and more to gain.

Last edited:
“Auburn’s OC Chip Lindsey is set to receive a $100k retention bonus today if he’s still on the Auburn staff. Many people believe he’s Pruitt’s top choice for the Tennessee OC job.” - Jason Swain.

There ya go.
This is fake news. That retention bonus was yesterday.This tells me Malzahn has no plans to fire Lindsey.

Should Lindsey be employed at Auburn beyond Saturday, the second-year coordinator would be set to receive a $100,000 retention bonus.

Report: Chip Lindsey tabbed as top candidate for Tennessee offensive coordinator opening

Reactions: OneVolNation
Well that will suck, his O.at aubbie has sucked all year, we beat them
It’s a tradition here, kind of like when Dooley beat jones and then we turn around and hire one of the only coaches to be incompetent enough to lose to Dooley!! Now let’s go hire an OC that was one of the few teams to make our defense look serviceable all year..brilliant!!!!

It’s a tradition here, kind of like when Dooley beat jones and then we turn around and hire one of the only coaches to be incompetent enough to lose to Dooley!! Now let’s go hire an OC that was one of the few teams to make our defense look serviceable all year..brilliant!!!!

Seriously, your pointing to 'one off' games and characterizing an entire career for a coach? We beat them so their offense must be crap?

Reactions: feathersax
I think any between Lindsey, Freeze or Enos would be great hires. My pick (not that it matters) would be Lindsey he has a proven track record everywhere, at Auburn Gus has him handcuffed to run his stuff and it's not working. It's not his offense being ran at Auburn it's Gus's offense and without a mobile QB it's not all that great which is probably why Lindsey wants out. Either way I'm pretty comfortable with whoever Pruitt chooses out of the names that have been talked about

Bless your heart.

I dont know enough about Lindsey.....I would prefer Freeze or Enos. If Lindsey needs a mobile QB, we ain't got none on the roster, or committed.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Seriously, your pointing to 'one off' games and characterizing an entire career for a coach? We beat them so their offense must be crap?
Eh, I know it’s not that simple but it still is kind of funny... I also remember people saying those same kinds of things when people brought up the Dooley beating butch thing... people called anyone who made that comparison idiots.. guess who the real idiots where?

VN Store

Back