Jasmine Powell commits to the Lady Vols

Hopefully this works! what a great interview she seems very competitive and i am excited for her to play as a LV.

I got this:

Jasmine Powell interview pic.jpg
I don't "spotify,,,I stick with one soc-media home base.
If anyone listens to it,,,maybe give us a line or two...appreciate it ;o)

Last edited:

Grrr... i don't know how this works or if u have to download the app (i thought i listened to it without downloading it) but worth the couple second download. There are also other interviews (snoop, jojo, and even one work Kasi). Powell describes her game and the differences she has already seen between Big10 and SEC bball. Worth a listen!

I got this:

View attachment 437980
I don't "spotify,,,I stick with one soc-media home base.
If anyone listens to it,,,maybe give us a line or two...appreciate it ;o)

* she realizes the SEC is faster and more physical and Kellie said she wants to play faster

* she was asked what is one thing she wants to improve in her game and she said her overall FG %

this was just a snapshot the whole thing is worth a listen.

Wow, happier about Powell every time I hear or read about her. Especially love the Jordan Walker part, great move by the coaching staff. Get any perceived conflict out of the way from the get go! How great is Walker as an LV and a teammate? Leader.

This gives us so many options, can be sort of positionless at guard with Powell, Walker, and Miles, alot like our men with the 3 guard lineup. Love that the plan is to use our extra depth to press more on D and run more on O. That means Darby, Puckett, and Striplin need to hit strength and conditioning room extra hard this summer to keep up with the pace.

Glad to hear Powell's working on her shot, shooting stats are the one area of her game that worries me a bit. In fact, while the others are in the weight room, I want Walker, Miles, and Powell putting up thousands of shots this summer.

Don't know if this is considered an "elite" recruit for KJH and staff, but it sure fills a primary need very, very nicely and very early. Good job. Now onto the solid, hopefully 'elite' backup post . . .

Last edited:
We can absolutely agree on her fashion sense!

Not sure I agree someone on the staff would say something even if they 100% certain she was worrying too much about her nails, though, because I'm pretty sure coaches aren't allowed to have that type of discussion with players. I could be misremembering.

Why couldn't they have that type of discussion?

I don't have the women's NCAA rulebook, but the 2019 one for the men which I have downloaded has a rule about fingernails.

Art. 5. Equipment that could cut or cause an injury to another player shall be prohibited, without respect to whether the equipment is hard. Excessively long fingernails shall be prohibited.

I think another problem which isn't mentioned much is the long hair. When it is braided it can whip around and hit other players in the face or eye. I would be shocked if there were not a rule addressing what can be woven into the hair, hairclips etc... That and the fingernails are safety issues.

On the other hand, last I read, the NBA did not have a fingernail length rule and some players would intentionally grow them sharp to cut other players with hand checks etc... I found that surprising and would like to see that verified by another source before I fully believe it.

I don't know how long any particular player's nails are on our team, but I will say that they could affect more than just catching the ball since the follow-through on a lot of shots rolls off the fingertips. They can cut other players or get caught in opponent's jerseys. If you are serious about the sport, you will keep them at a length that does not interfere with play. But that length might be open to interpretation as you can see from how vague the men's rule is.

Great pickup in an area of need. That leaves one spot open, right? I have to think they’ll use it on a 4 or 5. Looks pretty thin in the post next year with only 3 returnees at the two positions combined.

Thanks. Do you see those being filled by posts? Who are our best bets as a 4 or 5?
Right now they were going after a 2-3 Rickea Jackson star player that transferred from Miss St. Don't know how that will turn out still up in the air. One person says she is not coming so we'll see. I would think they are definitely going after one post. I wouldn't be surprised to see another scholarship or two open up and up to three transfers in. I think the staff will be fine with using all fifteen scholarships because they lose 6 players after next year and will still have six scholarships available for the 2023 class. No sign that Key will use her covid season so post players with experience would seem to be a must. You don't want freshmen being players you rely on at the five position.

Just wondering if we will we see her on the bench this season like some other mid season transfers

i doubt it since she is finishing up classes this semester we will see Jazz next year but i would think she would arrive this summer to get a jump start in her TN classes. She wouldn't be a mid season transfer i don't believe.

Great pickup in an area of need. That leaves one spot open, right? I have to think they’ll use it on a 4 or 5. Looks pretty thin in the post next year with only 3 returnees at the two positions combined.[/QUOT
it looks like she could contribute to next years team

VN Store

Back