Jasmine Franklin Committed

Franklin's Production in this year’s games before injury in December
Va Tech 21 pts 13 Rb 76-68
SD St 15 pts 9 Rb 55-52
LSU 13 pts 13 Rb 58-66
MO (away) 13 ptw 15 Rb 79-51
USC (away) 23 pts 11Rb 67 -41
Great Stats against Really good competition. If she gives us 10&10 game with everyone else on this team we will definitely compete for Championship. In CHRIST Alone

She technically played too many games to use a medical redshirt for her senior year. I guess she could apply for a waiver, but it seems we will just have her for one year.
I see that, in the one year we will have her, Jasmine can help the LVs to truly compete for the upcoming SEC regular season and SECT championships as well as the NCAA championship. GBO.

A little more information on Jasmine Franklin. She was a member of a two time Arkansas State Championship Team while in high school. While being recruited she said she wanted to go to school outside the state of Arkansas but close enough to home so family could watch her play.

When she visited Missouri State, Coach Harper and Jackson met her at the airport. She said she was extremely impressed. Jackson knew her name and ran to greet her. She said the cuture created by Coach Harper at Missouri State was what sold her. She said her college experience was great.

Coach Harper said of Jasmine after she committed to Missouri State...She has a great basketball IQ. She gets it and understands what we are trying to accomplish. She is a great athlete and fits our system and culture perfectly.

Jasmine broke a bone in her freshman year. She came back early and played with pain.

Jasmine is a great player and is a significant piece of the puzzle. Earlier, I said we were so fortunate to get Jasmine knowing we are loaded. After reading about Jasmine let me warn our projected starter....Jasmine is coming for your minutes. Special player!

Great Stats against Really good competition. If she gives us 10&10 game with everyone else on this team we will definitely compete for Championship. In CHRIST Alone
So Franklin Scored 21 pts 13 Rb against Elizabeth Kitley who was on numerous All-American teams and 13 pts 13 Rb Faustine Aifuwa who was just selected in the wnba draft. She obviously has the ability to play against the size and strength of very talented P5 post players. She is going to fit in just fine with the Lady Vols and will have a nice impact in the post this upcoming season

I wanna say 2…..

I found a news report on her ACL injury; it says
Franklin will have an option to return to the Lady Bears for a bonus season in 2022-23 due to COVID-19 eligibility rules

Jasmine Franklin injury

So next season appears to be her last year of eligibility.

When next season starts, she will not even be one year from her ACL tear and reconstructive surgery. Honestly, people should probably temper expectations. Of course, people recover at different rates but I think she is a player who will probably have limited minutes particularly in the 1st half of the season. Fingers crossed, she might be able to play bigger role late in the season (which would not be a bad outcome).

Last edited:
I wanna say 2…..

She played four total for MSt, the fourth being the year (last season) she was injured mid-year. I think this coming year is her covid year, and she's coming in as a grad transfer. I'm guessing she has one year left for a total of five, since it isn't mentioned that she red-shirted any year.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I guess all that positive recruiting momentum was too good to last, and now she settles for yet another undersized mid-major coming off a serious injury....

michael-scott-no.gif

That's what you said about Dye when she transferred in from a mid-major, and she led us to the Sweet Sixteen late in the season when Jordy went down. And that's what you said about Green coming off an injury when she transferred in from a mid-major, and she was the sixth man catalyst that led us to 18-1 and a #4 ranking after Rae went down. Your track record on predicitions of performances of mid-major transfer players sucks.

Darth I have followed this young lady for three years and she isn’t just another undersized mid-major post. She excelled against power 5 competitors. This young lady is a rebounding and defensive machine. Before you go complaining, give the young lady a chance to prove her value. This young lady brings it every time she is on the floor.

Complaining before anyone has been given a chance to prove themselves is his troll MO. He will never do that which you ask of him. NEVER.

That's what you said about Dye when she transferred in from a mid-major, and she led us to the Sweet Sixteen late in the season when Jordy went down. And that's what you said about Green coming off an injury when she transferred in from a mid-major, and she was the sixth man catalyst that led us to 18-1 and a #4 ranking after Rae went down. Your track record on predicitions of performances of mid-major transfer players sucks.
The proof is in the pudding at this point; Kellie knows how to recruit mid-major players that could've/should've been at P5's in the first place. Gotta put the mid-major complaint away now. With all of Franklin's accolades and experience, you can't possibly see this addition as a negative. And we still have one spot left.

Great News!!!! JMO pre-injury she was the best player in the MVC. I don't know how she is progressing with the injury that is the only concern with her. She is dynamic inside and can really defend. Besides her rebounding she has 130 career blocks and 180 career steals. If she comes out of the injury ok she is a five star player for us. I wanted her to come when Kellie first came to Tennessee was surprised that she is coming this late in her career. She may be 6'1" but we will lose nothing when she is in the game she can play inside and can defend bigger players. High energy going to be fun to watch her with Horston and Jackson wow that is some trio to try to defend.

I'll also say that if Franklin recovers to her pre-injury form we lose nothing when she is in the game for Tamari and might even gain. She is a better offensive player than Tamari and even at her smaller size she is a tenacious defensive player. I give Tamari an edge defensively because of her size, but not by much. If I could still point out what I think is a weakness with this team it would be three point shooting. We have Darby and Justine is coming in and Puckett should be a 35 percent three shooter as a sophomore. Still would be nice to have that 40 to 45 percent experienced three point shooter to really put even more pressure on opposing defenses.

I was curious to look at some of Jasmine's advanced stats. Some highlights:
  • In 2021-22, before her injury, her individual defensive rating was 2nd in the entire NCAA and her defensive win-shares per 40 minutes were 1st in the entire NCAA (wow!!)
  • Her overall win-shares per 40 minutes were 10th in entire NCAA
  • Her defensive rebounding % was top 10 in the entire NCAA the last two years (and 11th overall her sophomore year)
  • Her overall rebounding % was top 35 in the entire NCAA all four years
  • Her block and steal %s hover in the 90+ percentile in the NCAA all four years, including steal % in the top 25 of the entire NCAA her junior year
  • Her PER (Player Efficiency Rating) was at an elite, career high 32.5 before her injury, and improved each year of her career
Exciting stuff!

The proof is in the pudding at this point; Kellie knows how to recruit mid-major players that could've/should've been at P5's in the first place. Gotta put the mid-major complaint away now. With all of Franklin's accolades and experience, you can't possibly see this addition as a negative. And we still have one spot left.

Dirt_Ball wants us to believe Kellie is a recruiting failure - or a future failure - if she doesn't recruit the national player of the year out of the portal, or three future competitors for the NPOTY as freshmen each season. He either knows nothing of role playing on a team or willfully ignores what he knows in his attempts to deride Harper.

I would WAY rather have an undersized post who is athletic, tough, and works hard than another Emily Saunders. Yes, there were taller players available in the portal, but I’m REALLY excited to add her to our post rotation. 2x defensive player of the year, already knows the system and obviously loves Kellie. Lots to be excited about with this one.

Solid pickup.

Dirt_Ball wants us to believe Kellie is a recruiting failure - or a future failure - if she doesn't recruit the national player of the year out of the portal, or three future competitors for the NPOTY as freshmen each season. He either knows nothing of role playing on a team or willfully ignores what he knows in his attempts to deride Harper.

How’s his girl Shae fairing at Vandy? 😂😂😂😂

Gonna be 3 and out for her. Seems like girls don’t like playing for her and her staff. Lots of transfers out. Minimal work done in HS recruiting and no transfers in to write home about.

😆 🤣 😂 yeah, she does...and also Nalyssa Smith...

Reminds me of Belibi from Stanford also. Great athelticism and quick jump at 6’1”. Makes a really fast move to score and finishes well. She’s a better basketball player than Belibi only because Fran started so late with the game.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Some have expressed concern about her height in the post. Height isn't everything.....unless you have an abundance of it then it becomes problematic. She has very good body control and positions herself well. 6'1" that can leap makes her taller than she measures. She has played a lot of games and her experience will help an already experienced team.

VN Store

Back