Jasmine Franklin Committed

Kaboom!! I already know some are disappointed it wasnt the glitzy name, but I like her from the highlights I saw and interviews I saw. She is 1,000% percent a team player and that's what Kellie looks for in a player along with grit, hustle, and to defend. She will mesh with the other teammates for sure. I think we have room for one more person. Guess we will wait and see who the next may or may not be. GLVS!

I guess all that positive recruiting momentum was too good to last, and now she settles for yet another undersized mid-major coming off a serious injury....

michael-scott-no.gif
Darth I have followed this young lady for three years and she isn’t just another undersized mid-major post. She excelled against power 5 competitors. This young lady is a rebounding and defensive machine. Before you go complaining, give the young lady a chance to prove her value. This young lady brings it every time she is on the floor.

Great pickup. Ball player plain and simple. Cares more for Team and getting W than individual scoring. Team Team. Depth of this Roster is really good. We should see a very aggressive D this year from full court to half court traps and of course man to man. In CHRIST Alone

Thought you got banned too! Too good to be true i guess 🥴

You just made me chuckle LOL. Like for real, let's give the young lady a chance to show what she can do on court with THIS team before we pass judgement, because by all accounts she will be a great addition and contributor. At least in this person's opinion.

Last edited:
Our post players are going to be very fast and active next season.....Since coach Kellie has stated she wants to press full court and half court next season, she is getting the players to make that thought a reality.....

She'll look great in Orange and White....
FEq8G12VQAY2CgI

You just made me chuckle LOL. Like for real, let's give the young lady a chance to show what we can do on court with THIS team before we pass judgement, because by all accounts she will be a great addition and contributor. At least in this person's opinion.

For years chemistry SUCKED and now we have a team that likes each other and plays for on another. Like I wish he'd take his Vandy loving a&& on somewhere

Here is hoping she has had top-notch orthopedists and therapists to help her heal and rehab to pursue complete recovery. Pre-injury film footage lends encouragement that we can expect meaningful contributions.

We can take heart in knowing that Keyen Green came in and helped us bigtime after having recovered from both an ACL injury and a serious foot and ankle injury. And when she tore her ACL this season it was NOT the knee she'd injured the first time.

Besides, I figure if the staff is offering her a scholarship they must be very confident she'll be ready to go. Nobody knows how important it is to have players ready to get after it in what will be their BEST chance at a deep run than our staff. They know they can't afford to risk not having a strong player in that spot, so she's got this. :D

Solid numbers!!!
Kudos to you LadyVOls_WBK, as you have been right about this being the boom and were the first to announce this here. I have a small disagreement with you, as I think her Power 5 and NCAA numbers are even better than solid, they are outstanding!! Her Power 5 numbers are better than anyone else that will be on our team other than Rickea and Jordy, and this doesn't even include her defensive prowess. There are so many decent teams and programs that could use her as a starter, so for her to come here as a likely valued bench player is a major boom. How can anyone expect that we are going to find players that are better than this to transfer and know they are unlikely to start. By the way, I am not 100% sure that she won't start at some point depending on injuries and consistency of play by the starters.

But got injured her 4th year? and then a Covid year or did the injury count against her

@LadyVols_WBK. She played in 11 games last year before tearing her ACL. I found a note on a basketball website that says she could only play in 9 games to still get a medical redshirt. Bummer! I think it's based on a % of the year.

Thanks for all you do for community.

@LadyVols_WBK. She played in 11 games last year before tearing her ACL. I found a note on a basketball website that says she could only play in 9 games to still get a medical redshirt. Bummer! I think it's based on a % of the year.

Thanks for all you do for community.

She could appeal and/or apply for a waiver. She looks athletic--and let's hope that is still true following her knee surgery and rehab. If her knee is healthy, she is going to help and is really just what I've said this team needed--another athletic forward who can defend, rebound and score a bit.

VN Store

Back