Jarrett Guarantano

I don't think you guys understand what a passing pro style offense is or how it works because you haven't seen it in so long. This isn't high school woopsie doo. It warms up like an engine. You open up lanes and wear your opponent over time chasing UFO's and that opens up the run game. Next time you watch that GT game watch how beat up GT was at the end of that game. They could hardly stand up and there is a reason they made mistakes and lost. They were too tired to keep going. Our O is a patient game. It's 60 minutes.

From the other pro style offenses I've seen they don't wait 3 quarters to finally pick it up.

A ground and pound offense is one of attrition. Beat the other team up until they wear out. That isn't what UT has. I don't think the GT defense was worn out given that their offense owned the ball 75% of the game. If that's true then they are a really bad and I'll prepared defense. I think what happened is UT finally woke up and began to execute. Especially their run blocking schemes. Once Kelly began to light them up and the receivers actually caught balls that were right in their hands,we scored. go figure. It's amazing how that works.

Are we seriously at a point as a fan base where we immediately slam a kid for showing some emotions without actually knowing the reasons behind it?

I get that it wasn't a good look for JG or the team. But this is happening a little more often than I think most reasonable people would expect and is indicative of a larger problem within the program. Too many are looking at this like "we won, get over it" without realizing that if the game had swung the other direction or we were looking at a 43-42 loss, the microscope on the coaching and Dormady's play would be much larger than it is now. Many of the same people telling JG to get lost would be clamoring to know why he wasn't in the game, etc. etc.

JG shouldn't get lost, he needs to listen. Ppl don't want to see a pouty Cam Newton type. I know he is young, but even Kirk Herbstreet was talking about it. It is a learning process, now just learn from it.

We are (most of us) the adults here. Let's take the higher ground.

This is a 19-year-old young man adjusting to a reality he has never faced before: not being the star of the team.

Give him some time to think it through and settle before coming to any conclusions. We were all young and impetuous in our youth.

Wishing wisdom for the lad, and a long view.

Go Vols!

Well, to your point. What if he was upset at something else entirely? What if he was upset about JJ for instance?

Fair point. But I think there's something else here, given the comments from JG's family on social media, etc. If he was sold a bill of goods by CBJ and then CBJ went back on that, especially in the face of what we saw in the first half and most of the 3rd quarter, then I can get why the kid was upset. Doesn't mean I approve of the behavior, not at all, but I can at least understand his mindset.

It is a team sport. The team comes first, always.
Watch how # 15 acts. He will lead from the sidelines.
# 7 and the other young WRs will get their chances to shine.
QD will only get better. One thing he has is the arm.
# 7's uncle, the Team won the game last night.
Be Happy. There is no "I" in team.

to be honest I don't care who the qb is im not team jg nor team dormady I just want the best guy out there that's going to help this team win..thats it...I said it earlier im happy they won the game..but IF butch is leading jg on then I think its wrong..thats it..

JG shouldn't get lost, he needs to listen. Ppl don't want to see a pouty Cam Newton type. I know he is young, but even Kirk Herbstreet was talking about it. It is a learning process, now just learn from it.

Herbstriet was also talking about how he couldn't believe JG wasn't given some snaps after how the first half went.

From the other pro style offenses I've seen they don't wait 3 quarters to finally pick it up.

A ground and pound offense is one of attrition. Beat the other team up until they wear out. That isn't what UT has. I don't think the GT defense was worn out given that their offense owned the ball 75% of the game. If that's true then they are a really bad and I'll prepared defense. I think what happened is UT finally woke up and began to execute. Especially their run blocking schemes. Once Kelly began to light them up and the receivers actually caught balls that were right in their hands,we scored. go figure. It's amazing how that works.

OMG That GT dude was literally trying to stand up over and over again in the fourth. There is a reason they lost. There is a reason Kelly had holes... this is pointless.

This kid will get his chances, he'll play this week and many other games this year. I don't think Butch thought the game would be like it was and wasn't focused on playing 2 QB's because his opponent was running up and down the field on him.

He's a kid. Someone will probably be on his ass following that game but let's let it shake out before we pass judgment on the kid. Let the coaches handle it and go from there.

We are (most of us) the adults here. Let's take the higher ground.

This is a 19-year-old young man adjusting to a reality he has never faced before: not being the star of the team.

Give him some time to think it through and settle before coming to any conclusions. We were all young and impetuous in our youth.

Wishing wisdom for the lad, and a long view.

Go Vols!

We should ignore many other 19 year olds have faced the same situation and handled it much better? When the coach tried to talk to him, he should have clued in and changed his attitude. He didn't and that shows a lot about his character.

if I rubbed some people the wrong way then I apologize.. im just fan I want to see the program do good..Sometimes I wear my heart on my sleeve....im not here trying to spread rumors or trying to divide the team in anyway..i was a lil upset on how I saw things play out last night just needed to vent a lil bit..again if I rubbed some people the wrong way apoplogize..I will try to be careful on some of the things I say..yall have a good day..go vols

man please even kirk herbstriet called for JG to be in the game last night so I don't know what access or what view u had on the sideline but clearly u didn't see what majority football fans saw..

Postgame Herbstriet had a lot of praise for QD. Nothing much negative to say.

Herbstriet was also talking about how he couldn't believe JG wasn't given some snaps after how the first half went.

Herbstreit wouldn't stop talking about his horse and his kid long enough to really get into the game. Didn't take me long to remember why I usually put Vol Network up over the TV sound.

You guys are something else..... put the pitch forks and torches away.... there will be no raping and pillaging here today. Give JG the benefit of the doubt ffs

The rumor is JG is on the fence whether or not he is going to stay. It is being reported he was told he was going to play last night but it did not happen. The butthurt on the bench shows the frustrations. I wonder how this is going to play out.

That was at half,
he also said something like "I know that would absolutely crush Dormandy" but you need a spark.

I disagreed. He was proven wrong as Dormandy came through.

5 dropped passes and he was getting hit after releasing quick in the first two quarters. He stayed in, it was the right call.

By Kirk's later comments on JG, he proved that his earlier comments on JG getting a possession or two was not the correct call.

JG is on bench, his time will come.

The one thing that I kept thinking all night was a quote by Jimmy Dykes (when he was announcing for ESPN): Body language doesn't whisper...It screams! This was so apparent last night and the exact opposite of Sherrion Jones last year in Virginia Tech being so supportive on the sidelines. I am sure this will be addressed and "fixed" this week. JG can give us an element against UF that makes them prepare for an extra package. Hoping it is just a young guy who has to learn

if I rubbed some people the wrong way then I apologize.. im just fan I want to see the program do good..Sometimes I wear my heart on my sleeve....im not here trying to spread rumors or trying to divide the team in anyway..i was a lil upset on how I saw things play out last night just needed to vent a lil bit..again if I rubbed some people the wrong way apoplogize..I will try to be careful on some of the things I say..yall have a good day..go vols

You shouldn't be rubbing people anyway 😁

We should ignore many other 19 year olds have faced the same situation and handled it much better? When the coach tried to talk to him, he should have clued in and changed his attitude. He didn't and that shows a lot about his character.

No, not ignore.

Simply give the lad time. See how he does once he's had time to reflect and think it through.

That's all.

VN Store

Back