James Pearce Is The Subject Of This Week's VQ Confidential Podcast With Austin Price

I like the idea of featuring our players like this. I think it lets the players and potential recruits know their appeal and UT's appreciation of them doesn't diminish after we get them here. Not that we're really doing anything new, or different, but nobody does it like the UT.

Is he battling autism with the headphones? If not, very peculiar to wear those for an interview?

Seems to be a good kid...focused...and a REAL "Team Player". What I found interesting was his statement that "Tyre West & Jayson Jenkins are about to have a year..."

West we've seen in some games. Jenkins was COMPLETELY off "my radar"...so good to hear maybe some REAL unrealized talent to come!

Seems to be a very softspoken and unselfish young man. Hes gonna get lots of double teams this season so whichever guy is on the other side needs to dominate. Cannot believe Baron walked away from THAT spot. So foolish for him to walk away from the best setup a DE could ever have trying to get to the NFL....and Yes, JP....I feel ya.

I may be biased but I really believe this dude has the talent to be a top 10 draft pick one day. Maybe next year if he progresses even more.
You're not being biased....there were NFL scouts saying they were salivating over Pearce and that if he would have been draft elligible this year he wouldve went top 10, possibly top 5. Pearce is a rare breed of player.

Last edited:
You're not being biased....there were NFL scouts saying they were salivating over Pearce and that if he would have been draft elligible this year he wouldve went top 10, possibly top 5. Pearce is a rare breed of player.

Yep. If he puts up 10 or more sacks again and LIVES in the offensive backfield like he did last season he will get picked in the top half of Rd1. No doubt.

Yep. If he puts up 10 or more sacks again and LIVES in the offensive backfield like he did last season he will get picked in the top half of Rd1. No doubt.
Last year he said exceeded his star ranking in some instances.

He's long, fast and plays with power.
I must of counted 10 times where he physically pushed the OT deep into the backfield. A kid that only weighed 205 lbs 14 months ago.

He seemed like the fastest overall player on the defense last year.

If he just duplicates his numbers from this past year, and then tests well at the combine I think he's Top 10 for sure.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back