James Banks

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
Banks update: Suspended receiver James Banks was on the sideline in street clothes. Fulmer said it's up to Banks if he will be a part of the team next season.

''He's got some responsibilities he's got to do,'' Fulmer said. ''If he does those, he'll be back on the team. If he doesn't, he won't be back.''

Fulmer said he wants Banks to stay around the team during his suspension and isn't trying to separate him from football. Also, Fulmer said he will meet regularly with Banks during the offseason.

''He's my best friend right now,'' Fulmer said.

Give him heck, Coach!! Make a real man out of him!!

I hope he straightens his act up. I was really starting to like him last year. Im so nosy, I wonder what is going on. All they ever say is he has things to take care of, :dunno: Curious minds want to know!!! B)

Who knows? It could be anything from academics to child support (if he HAS a child, heck I don't know) to drugs. I just hope James gets his head and attitude right and does whatever he needs to and become the star he is destined to be.

Originally posted by la.lovesorange@Apr 18, 2004 5:26 PM
I hope he straightens his act up. I was really starting to like him last year. Im so nosy, I wonder what is going on. All they ever say is he has things to take care of, :dunno: Curious minds want to know!!! B)

I'll see your "nosy" and raise it with a "Damned right I have a right to know at least the general reason."

I've got 3 pairs of Big Orange underwear (okay they're Orange), so many Vol t-shirts I haven't worn half of them in 2 years and ought to be on the heartless-to-the-homeless hit-list, and quietly swallowed all the abuse which the team, not I, deserved after the 2004 Peach Bowl. I own 46 plastic drink cups picked up after home games, 3 helmet-shaped bean bags which (according to their aging batteries) play Rocky Top at various tempos when your whap them, a gorilla doll with a UT t-shirt which used to dance to Rocky Top before over-use fused its cheapo electronics, gave UT logo-ed gifts to 12 people this past Christmas alone, and hit the wall so hard when the hoops ladies lost to (gak!) UConn that I scared my neighbor and ended up having to sit there at my door for 5 minutes convincing them everything was alright and pretending my hand didn't feel like it I'd stuck it down a food processor so they wouldn't think that I- and by extension all Vols fans- were just maybe slightly over-identified with Tennessee sports.

I believe I have paid my dues to the Vols financially, psychologically, and in whatever coin they measure sudden attacks on one's regularity. I refuse to accept that I don't have the right to know anything more than "Banks may or may not be back because he violated a team rule." How do we violate the privacy of Banks the student by knowing about Banks the sports-star? It seems a little fatuous to me for a school to say it's cool to earn millions off of unpaid athletes like Banks, but that releasing info about their availability to be financially exploited violates their privacy....

got 3 pairs of Big Orange underwear (okay they're Orange), so many Vol t-shirts I haven't worn half of them in 2 years and ought to be on the heartless-to-the-homeless hit-list, and quietly swallowed all the abuse which the team, not I, deserved after the 2004 Peach Bowl. I own 46 plastic drink cups picked up after home games, 3 helmet-shaped bean bags which (according to their aging batteries) play Rocky Top at various tempos when your whap them, a gorilla doll with a UT t-shirt which used to dance to Rocky Top before over-use fused its cheapo electronics, gave UT logo-ed gifts to 12 people this past Christmas alone, and hit the wall so hard when the hoops ladies lost to (gak!) UConn that I scared my neighbor and ended up having to sit there at my door for 5 minutes convincing them everything was alright and pretending my hand didn't feel like it I'd stuck it down a food processor so they wouldn't think that I- and by extension all Vols fans- were just maybe slightly over-identified with Tennessee sports.

I believe I have paid my dues to the Vols financially, psychologically, and in whatever coin they measure sudden attacks on one's regularity. I refuse to accept that I don't have the right to know anything more than "Banks may or may not be back because he violated a team rule." How do we violate the privacy of Banks the student by knowing about Banks the sports-star? It seems a little fatuous to me for a school to say it's cool to earn millions off of unpaid athletes like Banks, but that releasing info about their availability to be financially exploited violates their privacy....

That is the best thing I have ever heard! I think most of us can relate!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

:rocks: :worship: ;)

Originally posted by MemphisVol+Apr 20, 2004 12:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MemphisVol @ Apr 20, 2004 12:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-la.lovesorange@Apr 18, 2004 5:26 PM
I hope he straightens his act up. I was really starting to like him last year. Im so nosy, I wonder what is going on. All they ever say is he has things to take care of,  :dunno:  Curious minds want to know&#33;&#33;&#33; B)

I&#39;ll see your "nosy" and raise it with a "Damned right I have a right to know at least the general reason."

I&#39;ve got 3 pairs of Big Orange underwear (okay they&#39;re Orange), so many Vol t-shirts I haven&#39;t worn half of them in 2 years and ought to be on the heartless-to-the-homeless hit-list, and quietly swallowed all the abuse which the team, not I, deserved after the 2004 Peach Bowl. I own 46 plastic drink cups picked up after home games, 3 helmet-shaped bean bags which (according to their aging batteries) play Rocky Top at various tempos when your whap them, a gorilla doll with a UT t-shirt which used to dance to Rocky Top before over-use fused its cheapo electronics, gave UT logo-ed gifts to 12 people this past Christmas alone, and hit the wall so hard when the hoops ladies lost to (gak&#33;) UConn that I scared my neighbor and ended up having to sit there at my door for 5 minutes convincing them everything was alright and pretending my hand didn&#39;t feel like it I&#39;d stuck it down a food processor so they wouldn&#39;t think that I- and by extension all Vols fans- were just maybe slightly over-identified with Tennessee sports.

I believe I have paid my dues to the Vols financially, psychologically, and in whatever coin they measure sudden attacks on one&#39;s regularity. I refuse to accept that I don&#39;t have the right to know anything more than "Banks may or may not be back because he violated a team rule." How do we violate the privacy of Banks the student by knowing about Banks the sports-star? It seems a little fatuous to me for a school to say it&#39;s cool to earn millions off of unpaid athletes like Banks, but that releasing info about their availability to be financially exploited violates their privacy.... [/quote]
I love it&#33;&#33; :bow:

I&#39;m just glad we&#39;re not one of &#39;those schools&#39; who would overlook the academic or personal issues some of our guys have and put them on the field anyway (see FSU, Miami, Texas, and so on...).
Regardless of win/loss record, I feel like we have a program with an integrity level far above the norm. The time for guys like Banks to learn the consequences of their actions is NOW, while they&#39;re still kids and hopefully they&#39;ll gain something that will help them make proper decisions later in life.

Personally, his attitude reminds me waaaaay too much of Jamal the Vol, one of my least favorite UT players EVER.

VN Store

Back