Jamal Khashoggi

So you agree the link you posted doesn’t address the question.
I was giving you the international statute. You only asked for a statute. So you agree that I did indeed post a link that answered the question you actually asked.

LMAO I’ll bet you’ve been scurrying all night to find SOMETHING to back up your BS. Remember you didn’t know who he was or what this was about after all?

So those Vandy private people use International Humanitarian Law to justify the killing of a citizen of by their government without due process. They spend 50+ pages on applying international law. Then they ask the question “but does IHL apply here?” which they sagely offer “well we think it does” without any strong basis to make the claim with. I definitely didn’t see any precedent referenced thus it has never passed muster within our judicial system. Womp womp.
I first posted that link early last night. I've looked no further. (Glad I at least got you and hogg to read the link)

So you clearly dropped a link as proof without even knowing what it proved. Such a private person move.
It proved that the legality of the strike was considered and studied well in advance and determined to be perfectly legal.

It seemed fairly relevant to the conversation.

Let me guess you wouldn't allow the children of people from Haiti, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, China, or Sudan to have citizenship even though they were born here, but if their parents were from Norway, Australia, or the UK it wouldn't be a problem.
You’re such a liberal tool..... you think everyone that disagrees with you is a racist 🖕🏼

It proved that the legality of the strike was considered and studied well in advance and determined to be perfectly legal.

It seemed fairly relevant to the conversation.
It proved nothing. It offered an unvetted opinion based on international law. It didn’t point to any US case precedent. Thanks for playing.

Reactions: AM64
It proved nothing. It offered an unvetted opinion based on international law. It didn’t point to any US case precedent. Thanks for playing.
Sure it does. It proves beyond a shadow of doubt that the legalities of the action were being determined long before the actual strike.

Sure it does. It proves beyond a shadow of doubt that the legalities of the action were being determined long before the actual strike.
Sure it does no such thing. Run along now.

Edit: oh wait. You said “well we thought about it and we determined it was ok on our own.” Wow that’s possibly the stupidest thing you’ve said yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64
There is no international statute since in reality there is no such thing as international law.
Article 38(1) of the Statute of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) lists four sources of international law: treaties and conventions, custom, general principles of law, and judicial decisions and teachings.
Sure it does no such thing. Run along now.

Edit: oh wait. You said “well we thought about it and we determined it was ok on our own.” Wow that’s possibly the stupidest thing you’ve said yet.
It does indeed, at least to all but the most two-dimensionally blind.
Speaking of two-dimensional and concrete, where has OC been?
You and hogg have done an admirable job of holding down Flatland.

How do you overplay a President ordering the execution of a US citizen without due process?

You just rename the Predator the Equalizer and draw nose art showing Biden blowing a puff of smoke away from the barrel of a .45, and claim it's a rich piece of American folklore.

Now that we've established that we don't like Obama dropping a bomb on a citizen without court approval because he might be terrorist, can we get a show of hands on who approves the Saudis chopping a guy into little pieces because he wrote mean things about them in the newspaper?

So obama unlike the Saudis was too wimpy to get his hands dirty. In the end dead is dead. This isn't so much different from our aversion to blue collar "violent" crime while skipping out on white collar crime with less mess but a lot more victims.

VN Store

Back