Jalen Reeves-Mabin elected NFLPA President

Grant Williams is listed as a First Vice President of the NBA Player's Association. There are certainly some pretty capable guys com8ng from Rocky Top.
In my personal experience, I’ve not met many “dumb jocks” among any of the varsity lettermen I’ve met.

He sat behind my grandson and me on a flight to Dallas several years ago. My grandson asked him if he were JRM, and all he could get was a grunt. He about as rude as someone can be.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but was he not part of our locker room issues with butch? Was he one of the players voicing his displeasure with the S/C that led to Lawson being let go and basically not replaced.

He sat behind my grandson and me on a flight to Dallas several years ago. My grandson asked him if he were JRM, and all he could get was a grunt. He about as rude as someone can be.

That's sad. You never know people until you encounter them; and they don't have to be nice.

I watch very little NBA, has Williams become the " bad boy" in the league?

For who? They're f***ing great for the jobs and trades that can't be outsourced. Unions built the middle class in this country, and they remain one of the few reasons the skilled trades still pay as well as they do in large numbers.
Things you mention are exactly the problem. Unions may have been founded on good principle. Now they are garbage. They do a few things. Ensure awful workers are protected from being fired, ensure overachievers never reach potential because there is no reason to overachieve as they will only be paid what the worst worker is paid. They prevent growth and evolving because they are against any change. And yes as you mentioned they overpay people which trickles to the consumer. Please explain to me why someone putting a nut on a bolt with 0 education or skill deserves to be paid 40-50$ an hour? This is why the auto market is now trash and inflated. Has greedy corporate played their part? Of course. But the unions share the blame.

Reactions: A.J.
Unions are garbage.

Things you mention are exactly the problem. Unions may have been founded on good principle. Now they are garbage. They do a few things. Ensure awful workers are protected from being fired, ensure overachievers never reach potential because there is no reason to overachieve as they will only be paid what the worst worker is paid. They prevent growth and evolving because they are against any change. And yes as you mentioned they overpay people which trickles to the consumer. Please explain to me why someone putting a nut on a bolt with 0 education or skill deserves to be paid 40-50$ an hour? This is why the auto market is now trash and inflated. Has greedy corporate played their part? Of course. But the unions share the blame.

I'm in a union. You speak the truth. They do protect terrible employees. Seen it too many times. But they also have protected many good people from being punished or fired based on lies. Seen that too many times also. Gotta take the good with the bad.
Garbage is a little strong imo, but I get the point

UT players leading the way in multiple unions.

Those dirty useless unions ensuring player pay, safety, and leverage on all issues 🤣

I'm in a union. You speak the truth. They do protect terrible employees. Seen it too many times. But they also have protected many good people from being punished or fired based on lies. Seen that too many times also. Gotta take the good with the bad.
Garbage is a little strong imo, but I get the point
I also have been in one in the past. I see arguments from both sides. I believe when jobs were scarce they meant well. Companies would abuse employees bc they knew jobs were scarce. Now with a multitude of opportunities companies kind of have to take care of people or they will just go elsewhere. I’ve been abroad to other countries where companies and unions work together. It’s nice. It’s just not the case in the states in my experience.

Reactions: vols 30
I was recently looking at regional wages related to another industry and ran across this article. I was surprised that the production line worker wages were not higher. They are higher but not dramatically out of line with food service and childcare wages. I would think benefits are much better in the union jobs.

VN Store

Back