Jalen Johnson not transferring to ETSU

He ought to go to Georgetown if they have a spot. They might be a train wreck, but he could be the featured player in a tradition rich program in a top conference.

From the Johnson City Press:

"Johnson, a graduate transfer from Tennessee, had indicated he would join ETSU in April. That was before coach Steve Forbes left for the Wake Forest job. Shay, one of Forbes’ assistants for the past five years, was promoted to the head position and the transition has been a rocky one.

Shay said through an ETSU spokesman Wednesday night that Johnson has had a change of heart. His plans aren’t known.

The Bucs already lost Bo Hodges and Daivien Williamson to transfer, but did sign New York point guard Truth Harris on Wednesday, and another signing is imminent."

He ought to go to Georgetown if they have a spot. They might be a train wreck, but he could be the featured player in a tradition rich program in a top conference.

Something going on at GT they had 4 players quit mid season then McClung leaving think Ewing might be in trouble as far as keeping the HC job.

Something going on at GT they had 4 players quit mid season then McClung leaving think Ewing might be in trouble as far as keeping the HC job.

That's why I kind of think it would be a good spot for JJ. There could be an opportunity for Jalen to shine, albeit on a bad team at Georgetown. If he was primarily interested in receiving good coaching and being on a good team then he should have stayed at TN. I'd like to see him go to Wake but really wish he'd stuck with ETSU. His best opportunity for maximum playing time though would be at a mid-major program. Wake and G'town are great spots if he wants a valuable degree.

Agree on degree & playing time.
Not sure about how much it was Forbes or ETSU. Also the fact that ETSU lost 1 player to Butler & 1 to Wake. He may have wanted to play on a NCAA team that Reality is fading for ETSU next year.
Would like to see him at Wake now.

Reactions: sccshortstop
He will have tougher competition in the ACC if he transfers to Virginia Tech or Wake Forest.

I suppose his ideal situation would be to get a lot of playing time on a team that will be in the NCAAT. I don't know if ETSU, G'town, or Wake fit both criteria. I think that he has a very good chance to make a very good living playing in a foreign professional league next year (2021-22).

Reactions: sport3500
I suppose his ideal situation would be to get a lot of playing time on a team that will be in the NCAAT. I don't know if ETSU, G'town, or Wake fit both criteria. I think that he has a very good chance to make a very good living playing in a foreign professional league next year (2021-22).

You called it.

I hope he starts and makes All-ACC. He was very unselfish at UT taking a different role of feeding the post instead of looking to score. He's been one of my favorite players and wish that he could have been able to go off and pad his stats. I'm a Wake fan this year for sure.

Reactions: sport3500

VN Store

Back