Jalen Hurd on Baylor and leaving Tennessee...

Do you know the details? Just curious or are you like a lot of the rest who call him a quitter just because it was mid season? I generally would feel the same if there had not been so many other issues with this happening during the Jones years.

And yet everyone else on the roster finished the season without quitting. Strange

Reactions: 5 people
I don't agree. If he had a better showing at the combine I think he would have been a late first rounder.

The only thing I ever saw Hurd actually do on a football field that came close to bettering Henry was receiving. Now mind you in this day and age of NFL offenses that's a valuable commodity but he suffered badly in comparison elsewhere.

Hurd quit on an undefeated team. Tennessee will never return to championship level recruiting guys like this.

Reactions: 3 people
Don't quit in the middle of the season and you don't end up the bad guy.

You barely be able to walk with back pain and have constant head aches and ask your boss to switch to a job that is more designed for your size and he says screw you and let’s see if u stick around along.

Jalen ain’t perfect.

But this was a decision he made so he could remain in one piece and have some sort of career.

He begged Jones to switch positions. Didn’t want to transfer.

Reactions: 3 people
Exactly. If he had just stuck with it the remaining games, supported his teammates, and then transferred, I doubt many would have any issues with him. But by dealing with it the way he did, he made himself the bad guy by default.

I agree with that.

He would still have plenty throwing rocks at him for that too. Just not as many.

It's the one thing Jones got lucky on in a way.

You barely be able to walk with back pain and have constant head aches and ask your boss to switch to a job that is more designed for your size and he says screw you and let’s see if u stick around along.

He begged Jones to switch positions. Didn’t want to transfer.

A guy his size ought to have been an effective running back. And, as the bleacher report piece says, Hurd initially asked to do more outside/stretch plays. That's actually not a decent design for a guy his size, and certainly isn't a decent design for a guy with his lack of quickness.

Not defending Butch here. Not at all. But if a back who has displayed little quickness, and is way too easy to bring down in space, comes to his coach and says "I think we should run more stretch plays," then the coach should offer nothing more than a firm "No."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Well maybe Lyle should’ve tried him at receiver and made Kamara the featured rb. We know what Kamara is all about.

Jalen is responsible for the way he left. But, Butch is responsible for creating the situation that lead to it. The whole thing was a cluster f on all sides. I understand Jalen's frustrations even if I don't condone his actions. I hope Jalen does well at Baylor and that's the end of it for me. The whole thing is just one of many parts of the Butch years I'd like to forget.

Couldn't have said it better

Exactly where all this should be.......

Thought about creating the thread in there. There’s a big Vols connection and I wanted to keep it away from Bamawriter, Lawrence Wright and Huffhines for a nanosecond at least. :lol:

Kamara coming on the scene left Hurd in sulk mode. Will be interesting to see if he makes an NFL roster - article was interesting but clearly delusional on draft status.

I'm thinking JH already has an agent and a writer was paid off to put out this garbage....

Oh, and, please merge into NCAA thread.......TIA

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back