Jakob Johnson ready to make first career start at middle linebacker

If he knows where he should line up and not make mistakes, he will do well. Missouri will test him for sure.

This ^
Speed and size are great as long as you are where you're supposed to be. I'm mostly concerned with the mental part of the game. Not only for a freshman but someone who I believe only played one year in high school. Guarantee Missouri will try to get him mismatched and out of alignment.
Huge game for Johnson.

Dirk Nowitzki calls himself the Baller from the Big G. I hereby declare Jakob Johnson the Footballer from the Big G!
:rock:

This ^
Speed and size are great as long as you are where you're supposed to be. I'm mostly concerned with the mental part of the game. Not only for a freshman but someone who I believe only played one year in high school. Guarantee Missouri will try to get him mismatched and out of alignment.
Huge game for Johnson.

I know he has the talent, but I am concerned about the mental part of the game, you know that there strong point running up the gut, so we will need a team effort they have 3 DL that will play Sundays, we need to hold the scoring in the low 20s, don't think we can hang 40 or 50 on them.:unsure:

Reactions: 1 person
Normally when one Johnson gets in trouble for rape its not wise to stick another Johnson in the same place...wait...what is this thread about?

Reactions: 6 people
Must really be a beast and quick learner , saw somewhere he only played one year of high school football.

So does J Johnson or K Bynum get the start? The last line of the article says it will be a game time decision but from everything I've seen this week I think it will be J Johnson,.

Everything I've seen/heard says the same.

At this point in the season, he knows the reads and where to be. He may have some confidence issues about this knowledge but the first time Hansbrough comes up the middle and you hear those helmets crack, it will be on for the rest of the game. Just needs to realize that its not about starting in a huge game in front of 100k but about laying waste to every Missouri player with the ball. Instincts will kick in and he'll be fine.

Reactions: 2 people
Must really be a beast and quick learner , saw somewhere he only played one year of high school football.

Not sure how many years he played in Germany, but moved to Florida to play his senior year. So technically, he did play only one year of HS ball in the US.

Maybe if the defense sees JOHNSON they will forget AJ isn't on the field and not lose their edge.

My thread turned dark, fast.

But I suppose it's cool we can insert multiple Johnsons into our plan.

I hate you all for dragging me into this lol.

Absolutely! We have some serious talent..

Both Johnsons are big and thick and can really STICK!!! :wavey:

Reactions: 1 person
I am really happy for Jakob, followed him since recruiting, think it is cool he is from Germany, and I hope he plays well. We need him to play mistake free and lights out, along with the rest of our defense.

Butch said on Volcalls that the replacements for AJ would be an upgrade in speed. I hope Butch is right and wish them good luck against Missouri.

My thread turned dark, fast.

But I suppose it's cool we can insert multiple Johnsons into our plan.

I hate you all for dragging me into this lol.

Wait, is it really ok if the two Johnson's touch?

Wait till Saturday night with ESPN. They can't say the normal names. lol

What are you talking about, Justin Malone is our star player?!

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back