Jaiden McCoy’s Sister, Madi McCoy

Vols2015

Did anyone else know Jaiden had a younger sister, Madi McCoy, who plays basketball for Walters State Community College in Morristown, TN? She graduated high school in 2019, and is a 6’0” Forward/Guard. I couldn’t find her on hoopgurlz, but Water State is only a two year school. Wonder if we could see her come to Tennessee? She would be a great addition! Double digit scorer for WSCC.

Walters State Community College

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Some players end up at JUCO because they have to. Some players end up at JUCO because they get to.

Sometimes you find diamonds in the rough. Remember Shannon Bobbitt? Don’t count out any JUCO players!

Sometimes you find a diamond, but 99% of the time it's just coal.

Bobbitt was a top 100 recruit who went the JUCO route because of grades and was the JUCO POY her final year. I can see why coaches go for the very best JUCO players in the country; I see less of a compelling reason to look at the JUCO down the street unless the players there have some National Hardware.

I would be very, VERY disappointed if Kellie has McCoy as a target. She has enough bench warmers on the team as it is and would probably cause a lot of people to lose faith in her ability to recruit.

Bobbitt was a top 100 recruit who went the JUCO route because of grades and was the JUCO POY her final year. I can see why coaches go for the very best JUCO players in the country; I see less of a compelling reason to look at the JUCO down the street unless the players there have some National Hardware.

I would be very, VERY disappointed if Kellie has McCoy as a target. She has enough bench warmers on the team as it is and would probably cause a lot of people to lose faith in her ability to recruit.
You’re right. I just want a team like the 2007-2008 team. :)

Also Bobbitt was teamed up with a once-in-a-generation player in Candace Parker- as well as a combination of players that made up the number one recruiting class. We just lost our best player since Candace. We need starts. Period.

Sometimes you find diamonds in the rough. Remember Shannon Bobbitt? Don’t count out any JUCO players!
I don’t think it’s because she’s a JUCO player. That team has Candace Parker...we have no one even close to her caliber.

I think it's ridiculous to compare the average JUCO to Bobbitt. She came in with the reputation to kick azz and take names. An All American that could break ankles. I remember the recruit they brought in afterwards as a Bobbitt clone and it was a failure.

Reactions: CaliKid

VN Store

Back