IU losing more than games

$690K for air travel? Did they fly to J'Ville via Bejing? If 150 people flew, that would be $4600/person. If 300 flew, that would be $2300 per person. You can charter a 737 for about $17000 per hour and it will accommodate 300 people. Are you telling me that they would have to charter a 737 for over 40 hours to get from Bloomington to J'Ville round trip (round trip flight time = 4 hrs)? I don't think so. IU needs an audit.

I wonder how much of the 690K was fir families if players, AD staff, faculty, and boosters?

Besides if your IU, you're only going to a bowl once every few years so a small loss is the price of publicity...jmo

Reactions: Remy
Outback Bowl vs Northwestern 2016. After the game, I talked to a Northwestern band member parent in Hilton Hotel Bar. Northwestern Band walked on the field before the game & after the kickoff of game, They left the game to travel back to Chicago ( to save money for hotel rooms ) . He was laughing because he talked about how expensive the bowl game was for Northwestern & They did not have extra money for the band members to stay an extra night to enjoy the game.

The manner in which they lost was just brutal. that's the most embarrassing part. Their financial loss was probably an accounting manipulation so donors would feel sorry for them. What's the incentive to actually show a profit? Nothing.

You would think that people with college edgemucations could cut better deals than that. Haven't they heard to travelocity?

Now thats how you throw water on a fire.
I'm still looking for the alcohol and a band-aid. Watched the Johnny Majors special last week, he mentioned the Rutgers homecoming loss. He said if ya coach long enough you will have a few Rutgers games. That one immediately popped in my head. Glad Johnny stuck around. More good memories than bad.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
$690K for air travel? Did they fly to J'Ville via Bejing? If 150 people flew, that would be $4600/person. If 300 flew, that would be $2300 per person. You can charter a 737 for about $17000 per hour and it will accommodate 300 people. Are you telling me that they would have to charter a 737 for over 40 hours to get from Bloomington to J'Ville round trip (round trip flight time = 4 hrs)? I don't think so. IU needs an audit.
My thoughts exactly. Something fishy going on with these numbers.

My thoughts exactly. Something fishy going on with these numbers.
Something fishy with all numbers. There is no benefit to telling the truth. Spin the numbers to fit your narrative. Sheeple take hook, line, and sinker on most numbers thrown out. Products of the education system we pay for.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

The Travel Agent Is Well Connected! LOL.

VN Store

Back