It's time for a change

We might lose Brooks’ commitment, but consider all the ones we never closed the deal on and gained because players want to be taught and trained by effective coaches—not underachieving ones.

For the past two off seasons Harper’s portal hauls have had the rest of the women‘s basketball world blinking in disbelief and had us booking flights and hotel rooms. Here we are out of the Top 25.

We are wondering when we are going to see effective team defense and contested shots. We wonder when we will see structure in an offense that allows multiple players touch the ball before someone jacks up a 3 early in the offense or lowers her head and plows into traffic 1 on 5.

Hire the right coach and we might gain a few recruits also. Brooks is a very talented young lady. Hopefully she would keep an open mind depending on who is hired.

I was very sad to see us out recruited by Vandy for Blakes.

Hire the right coach and we might gain a few recruits also. Brooks is a very talented young lady. Hopefully she would keep an open mind depending on who is hired.

Ralph has grown that program more than Harper has this one. There is a sense of purpose and urgency now at Vandy that we aren’t seeing here.

If there is a coaching change, it will occur at the end of this season.

Honestly, this is a kneejerk article that ignores some obvious dilemmas.

It is just not that easy to go and hire a Kym Mulkey. First, there are not that many KM types out there and LSU had an inside track because Kym is a Louisiana gal.

The LVs inside track mainly lead to former players or associates of Pat Summitt.

It probably takes someone with those ties to really get excited about "bringing the program back".

If the LVs manage to make the tourney and sneak into the S16 again, thereby pouring some water on Kellie's hot seat, I think the next course of action would be a major shake-up to her staff.

Kellie stays and brings in fresh blood and new ideas.

I am not saying that to disparage any of the assistants but that is standard formula for an under pressure coach to extend their time on the job.

Hope that a staff shake-up brings a spark or else you are done to.

Honestly, this is a kneejerk article that ignores some obvious dilemmas.

It is just not that easy to go and hire a Kym Mulkey. First, there are not that many KM types out there and LSU had an inside track because Kym is a Louisiana gal.

The LVs inside track mainly lead to former players or associates of Pat Summitt.

It probably takes someone with those ties to really get excited about "bringing the program back".

If the LVs manage to make the tourney and sneak into the S16 again, thereby pouring some water on Kellie's hot seat, I think the next course of action would be a major shake-up to her staff.

Kellie stays and brings in fresh blood and new ideas.

I am not saying that to disparage any of the assistants but that is standard formula for an under pressure coach to extend their time on the job.

Hope that a staff shake-up brings a spark or else you are done to.

If there is a staff shakeup to extend her tenure, does she fire her husband as part of that shakeup?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Don’t worry I don’t think we will miss anything with Blakes, I’ve watch some film and I’m not impressed.

If there is a staff shakeup to extend her tenure, does she fire her husband as part of that shakeup?

If there is another staff shakeup and she’s DOESNT fire her husband that would be a huge issue. We’ve already been through one round of assistants with the Harpers.

I do think McCorvy and Williams were good hires. Guarantee you if we hired Wallz he would try to get Williams to stay. He’s tried to get her back to Louisville a couple times since she left.

I can’t imagine White would go for her replacing more assistants and allowing do nothing Jon to retain his job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan1000
We might lose Brooks’ commitment, but consider all the ones we never closed the deal on and gained because players want to be taught and trained by effective coaches—not underachieving ones.

For the past two off seasons Harper’s portal hauls have had the rest of the women‘s basketball world blinking in disbelief and had us booking flights and hotel rooms. Here we are out of the Top 25.

We are wondering when we are going to see effective team defense and contested shots. We wonder when we will see structure in an offense that allows multiple players touch the ball before someone jacks up a 3 early in the offense or lowers her head and plows into traffic 1 on 5.
^^^^ could of had 10 Brooks instead of 1

Reactions: Ratvol
5-2 in the SEC, never finished below 3rd in the SEC. Back to back Sweet 16’s and we want our coach fired…. Ok… DW is not that emotional I would hope.
Never won a SEC title. When did making final four’s and playing for championships bar get lowered to sweet 16’s. Never mind, she’s 4 and what 25 against top 10 teams. Can’t recruit high school kids. These girls have been unprepared every game this season.

Based on our recent HS recruiting results......I can say he nor anyone else does much with HS recruiting
Best I remember....Recruiting is a huge part of the job. It's what makes you better...win games...and for gosh sakes even ranked. There is zero reason why UT isn't recruiting in the top 10 in the country. Zero reason watching Tennessee high school talent leaving the state.

She wouldn’t fire Jon. He works for DW, or someone on his staff, I’d assume a direct report, if not the AD himself. That would indicate the burner was wide open. 🔥

Last edited:
Unless there is a Kim Mulkey caliber coach standing on deck; I think DW should stick with Coach Kellie.

Next season will be sub .500 if CKH is allowed to stay. It’s not just about this season. If we had a top five recruiting class lined up, then I would lean towards keeping her despite the struggles of this season. She has no such recruiting class, though. Next season without Jackson and Powell, this team is set up to be a complete train wreck. No logical reason to keep her at this point. She will never get the program back to where it should be. It only gets worse from here under CKH’s leadership.

It doesn't matter who's coach if we can't get our NIL funds competitive with the teams we recruit against.
Is it someone's job to develop these funds? I mean well beyond the Boost Her Club. Like a professional development director?

Also, can the AD be any help in finding these funds? I know the school can't be directly involved but can he help?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Wasn’t Fruendt hired to facilitate NIL for the team?
I thought she was the new assistant when more assistants were allowed. That's her role in practice and games. Maybe she does NIL behind the scenes? I think they also hired someone to help athletes with taxes, etc related to NIL. But we need a big time, major league, experienced development director like all major universities and companies have. Someone who's profession is finding these kind of funds and talking folks out of them.

From what I've seen of Danny White, he has both balls to make a big hire and brains not to do anything rash like fire KJH mid season. The recent announcement of the upgrade to the softball facilities show he's bought in to women's sports. I think he truly wants to bring the WBB program up to standard. But I don't think he'll make the change until he's sure he has the right replacement lined up.
Makes sense to me.

VN Store

Back