It's simple...we all overlooked USCeast including players

I guess every team in the top 10 over looked their opponents last Saturday.
Everyone looked like garbage, Tennessee ended up on the bottom or the garbage pile.

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney takes a shot at Tennessee

We were all already thinking about who we would play in the playoffs in the first round. Even the players mentioned they were not focused enough on USC...we haven't been in this position in forever so USC was basically a trap game and we were caught looking ahead

It was and I called it out on Twitter early on being the trap game for us. Really was the perfect storm in many ways.

Living here in SC makes it suck that much more. Never seen so much Garnet and Black in all my days.

It seems from Clemson stand point we helped them in couple of ways by loosing and seeing Rattler come to life and probably giving me more confidence than he has had all season. Which we seem to always find a way to help other teams QB's in that manner...

Some of the Tiger fans around here are little more nervous now.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
I sure hope CJH can get these guys locked in on Vandy and don't overlook them because they have been playing pretty good the last couple of weeks, and they can hand us our 3rd loss of the season if we are not ready. Please just flush it, and get ready for Vandy. Nothing Else

I expect better than that in headlines from Zach Ragan. "Takes a shot at..." implies that he's targeting us for some smarmy back-handed Spurrier-esque comment. Not one thing I read from those quotes were wrong.

We were ill-prepared and poorly adjusted in-game, and got bent over raw dogged. Simple as that. He's not wrong.

Yeah right. Overlooked them and gave up 63 ---TDs on 8 of 9 possessions. You evidently insist on denial of the Banks attack on Hooker; Banks Suspension and subsequent "Team" choosing sides and not showing up in SC. That game was MORE than an overlook. Most rational people can get that.

Yeah right. Overlooked them and gave up 63 ---TDs on 8 of 9 possessions. You evidently insist on denial of the Banks attack on Hooker; Banks Suspension and subsequent "Team" choosing sides and not showing up in SC. That game was MORE than an overlook. Most rational people can get that.
Correction, 9 out of 10.

Seriously . . . I don't buy that anybody in the top 5 is overlooking anything with a playoff spot at stake. Everybody knew that we needed to win and we needed style points. There was more going on. At the same time, you can't ignore the game Spencer Rattler had. We had a weakness and they exploited it.

So, you're saying we did NOT overlook SCe?

I get overlooking them. I get having our butts handed to us in the first half. BUT, its still a game in the 3rd quarter. How in the world they didn't WAKE TF UP and PLAY the 2nd half is beyond me.
The most disappointing thing was the lack of urgency when we closed to 35-31. At that point, even if we lose 45ish-38ish, we're just having a run of the mill "what went wrong" discussion. Instead we completely laid down and let them score TDs on their next 4 possessions. Just impossible to accept.

I expect better than that in headlines from Zach Ragan. "Takes a shot at..." implies that he's targeting us for some smarmy back-handed Spurrier-esque comment. Not one thing I read from those quotes were wrong.

We were ill-prepared and poorly adjusted in-game, and got bent over raw dogged. Simple as that. He's not wrong.
I thought the same thing. Read only the headline and I started getting irritated. Read the article and thought where is the shot, he just told the truth.
Society is so soft if that is considered taking a shot.

SOUTH CAROLINA....... (I am still seething!) -- Enjoy the win; Enjoy the "moment"; Enjoy wrecking our season..... But, BOTTOM LINE: You will NEVER be TENNESSEE!; You will NEVER have a fan-base like TENNESSEE; You will NEVER have a Stadium like TENNESSEE; You will NEVER have a "family" community like TENNESSEE; You will NEVER have unique traditions like "ROCKY TOP"; The VOL Navy; or even "The Rock". You are NOT even the best team in your OWN STATE!

OH, And I’m not forgetting your 1984 “Black Magic” team that was 9-0 & then Lost to NAVY!!!!!

Since joining the SEC in 1992 - You have ZERO SEC football Championships! — ZERO!!!

You were NOTHING under Lou Holtz - You were NOTHING under Spurrier - You were NOTHING under Muschamp — You are NOTHING under Beamer — NOTHING!!!

-- YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN - NOR WILL YOU EVER BE - ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE TO: TENNESSEE!!!!!! ---- Bunch of COCKS!!!!!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back