Its ok to admit it

Oh yeah I get that. But I'm watching Auburn/A&M right now cuz it should be a good game. I'll watch most of UGA/ND tonight, hoping to witness UGA lose. I like watching exciting football.

I understand, man. I'd like to see ND pull one out tonight too, but...I have dinner plans with my parents and I'm getting ready to leave the country for a week as well...enjoy the game, bud!

My problem is UT being so bad I can't watch any other football and enjoy it. So I'm just out of luck.
Lol, I fell asleep with maybe 10 minutes left.

Almost to the point of hating football all together.

It's a throw away season. It has been since the abomination that was the Georgia State game. There isn't going to be any metamorphosis with this team. They just aren't worth following this season. Yes, you should spend your leisure time on more worthwhile activities... Hell, watching the grass grow and the leaves fall is more entertaining than this squad.

Reactions: OEF VOL
I have no interest in college ball without the vols actually being halfway decent. So I'm literally watching anything else. Like reruns of Breaking Bad.

I’ll probably still watch but not going to plan my day around. Also gonna try to train myself not to care. My 3 year old shouldn’t have to see me in a bad mood because of a stupid game I have no control over.

Being "done" doesnt mean you stop being a fan. You can admit watching Tenn football is down right depressing and a waste of time. You can change the channel to a good football game, its ok. If you're like me, you're a Tenn fan 2nd, football fan 1st anyway. You can spend more time with the family or outside work. You can do this and not feel like a traitor.
I literally do not watch other games (other than being out with friends, which at my age, isn't often). I will ALWAYS be a Vols fan first.

I will watch our games but will expect to lose. I won't be as disappointed when the expected happens.

I will also watch other games. They are still entertainment.

I do actually also care about the service academies and would like for them to do well.

Sports is an entertainment just like movies, music or many other things. If you are not entertained, change the channel or don’t go.
Yes it would be more entertaining if UT was competitive but I will still watch them as they struggle and hope for the best. I still watch other good teams play each other and imagine UT playing like that again. A great story is when you watch a team go through a lot of adversity and rise to the top. The greater the adversity, the greater the story. It will be a great story and I am going to watch it.

Everyone watches for different reasons but for me I like watching the improvement or even lack thereof from week to week. It’s one of the last things in our society where I’m forced to wait where I can’t have it “on demand.” I enjoy guessing what’s going on internally and seeing if I’m right down the line.

Everyone is different and I’m a lil weird but I know it so it’s fine lol.

I am Football fan, I will always be a Vol fan, but I've noticed my attention and spending has shifted to the Pro's. I am going to the Falcons/Titans game next week. I like the smoothness of the Pro game. So I feel like the Vols has shifted to #2 behind the Falcons. I don't even get mad/sad/excited over the Vols anymore. I was yelling at 11 o'clock last Sunday at the Falcons/Eagles game. I went and got lunch with my Kids during the 3rd quarter today. Shocked myself that I agreed to it when they asked lol.

Tennessee is my team but I'm a FANatic of college football. Love the game and watching great teams and players. A game that I have no impact on doesn't control my life or emotions. Crazy how it affects some

Reactions: a vol n tears
I’m watching less and less football as time marches on with the Vols sucking. First I ditched the NFL except for the occasional Falcons game. I find myself doing home projects during a lot of our games, keeping an eye on it, and then so disgusted after another loss I seldom watch another really good SEC game. This team, this Athletic Department, this administration has done this to me. I care, but I don’t.

My problem with enjoying other football games is that they keep showing our scores and “lowlights”.

Love Vols hate everybody else or don’t care. The rest of the sec are my enemies. They all stink. Vols #1 they are all #2. The sec is the best the rest are jokes. Football is ruined.

Santa, please bring me an early Christmas present.........have Pruitt fired.

I always anticipate college football season. Love the game. Went to UT football, basketball, and baseball games last seasons. Vols I can relate to the rosters cause I keep up with them, but their performance is not going to ruin my favorite sports season. I watch all day if nothing has to be done. Really enjoy bowl season

VN Store

Back