Its not over!!

Hooker is done for the year even if we made the playoff by that 0.02 chance we ain’t beating anybody of substance with Joe at QB.
I thought we were a better team last night with good defense, an effective run game, and a threat of beating the defense deep. It was obvious that their defense could not make the right choices to stop our balanced offense.

Honestly this team was phenomenal this year up until one game. I said at beginning of the season if Hooker had an off game we we’re screwed. I don’t think Carolina was necessarily a bad game for him but he wasn’t as good as usual. I think we have really good leadership in our coaches and AD but I think maybe it hasn’t quite seeped down into the lockerroom yet. You’ve got a few guys that hold everyone accountable and if they go down the wheels fall off. Need everyone or at least most everyone to have a high level of personal accountability and to keep everyone else striving to do their best.

I thought we were a better team last night with good defense, an effective run game, and a threat of beating the defense deep. It was obvious that their defense could not make the right choices to stop our balanced offense.

Goodness, Vanderbilt is worlds away from any team we would play in the playoff. No comparison.

I thought we were a better team last night

Nope.

We were much better on offense with Hooker. Vandy is trash. Vanderbilt gave us the ball 13 (a lot!) times and we only scored on 7 of them (that'd be pretty pedestrian for Hooker). And Hooker's absence did not positively impact the defense. That was just Vandy being incapable of completing forward passes.

VN Store

Back