It's not gonna happen...but what if it did?

So I don't know many dawg fans up here in the Midwest, but the couple I do are concerned. They have a little BDS (battered dawg syndrome) they are angst ridden with.

To help one of them out, to alleviate their anxiety, I took his novelty UGA tag off his truck this morning and replaced it with a bright orange, Power T novelty tag. Might take as long as 24 hours before he notices any change to his condition.
Haha!!! Nice!

I think the Vols hang around in the first half. Then talent and depth show up. Dawgs big.

If we were in 2020 with Dumbazz leading the Vols, then you are correct. Not sure that 2021 offers up the leftovers of that same pot of warm soup.

This Heup offense is real and the individual effort he has both sides playing with is tangible. We've had our going away moment against Bama after 8 consecutive games. It's home coming, we're healthy and rested, and we finally have our top 25 victory after a couple of could've, should've games.

UGA best have their big boy britches on for this showdown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fanforlife21
We have nothing to lose and UGA has a lot to lose, if we start fast...you never know. I would be nervous if I was a dawg fan, just because of the TN offense

The game is played on Saturdays...Anything can happen.
I'm hoping CJH opens the playbook and we throw some stuff at GA they haven't seen from us.

If we were in 2020 with Dumbazz leading the Vols, then you are correct. Not sure that 2021 offers up the leftovers of that same pot of warm soup.

This Heup offense is real and the individual effort he has both sides playing with is tangible. We've had our going away moment against Bama after 8 consecutive games. It's home coming, we're healthy and rested, and we finally have our top 25 victory after a couple of could've, should've games.

UGA best have their big boy britches on for this showdown.

Rested? The Vols are coming off three straight games where they lost two (Ole Miss and Bama) and won one in which they gave up 42. Congrats on your win over #18 Kentucky. I don't expect it's going to matter Saturday afternoon.

From 89 to 99 we won 9 in a row.

We won 2004, 2006, 2007 under CPF even as the program was on the downhill slide.

We won 2009 under first year coach Kiffin, 45-19.

The wheels then fell completely off the bus on our program.

2 wins against your team is more than we have had against Bama and FL combined in the past 10 years.

And yes the last 4 have been blow outs...one reason we took such a hit to get rid of that Coach.

I never said we would beat you but I have seen a ton of years that we did beat you when we shouldn't have.

That never happens for us against FL.

Actually you said, "UT has always seemed to have UGA's number and that's why they are scared." Sure the Vols have beaten UGA their share. But it's hardly true they "always" have UGA's number and it's equally doubtful UGA - players or fans - are scared.

Reactions: VolFan4Life87
Actually you said, "UT has always seemed to have UGA's number and that's why they are scared." Sure the Vols have beaten UGA their share. But it's hardly true they "always" have UGA's number and it's equally doubtful UGA - players or fans - are scared.

We are competitive in games we should never be with GA.

You take out the past 4 years and from 89 to 16 we are 15-11.

This is probably why from my perspective it seems this way. If you factor in the last four years we are 15-15. I can see why either team could find hope or fear as it’s basically a 50/50 chance based on the last 30 years.

Reactions: bpalmer28
From 89 to 99 we won 9 in a row.

We won 2004, 2006, 2007 under CPF even as the program was on the downhill slide.

We won 2009 under first year coach Kiffin, 45-19.

The wheels then fell completely off the bus on our program.

2 wins against your team is more than we have had against Bama and FL combined in the past 10 years.

And yes the last 4 have been blow outs...one reason we took such a hit to get rid of that Coach.

I never said we would beat you but I have seen a ton of years that we did beat you when we shouldn't have.

That never happens for us against FL.
NEO…it did happen in 2001 when the 18 point underdog Vols beat the Gators in the Swamp. I was at that game and celebrated till the next morning.

Game was moved to late in season due to hurricane, right? Won on a FG?
December 1, 2001.
Game was postponed due to the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
Jabari Davis rushed for a TD/ Alex Walls PA to win it. Gators could not convert their 2 point attempt after a TD.

Reactions: NEO
So I don't know many dawg fans up here in the Midwest, but the couple I do are concerned. They have a little BDS (battered dawg syndrome) they are angst ridden with.

To help one of them out, to alleviate their anxiety, I took his novelty UGA tag off his truck this morning and replaced it with a bright orange, Power T novelty tag. Might take as long as 24 hours before he notices any change to his condition.

I’m glad someone else does stuff like this. I’m always putting Power T magnets on my Bammer brother in law’s truck.

Got tougher when he bought a Ford with aluminum body work, but there’s plenty of custom bumper to work with.

I’m glad someone else does stuff like this. I’m always putting Power T magnets on my Bammer brother in law’s truck.

Got tougher when he bought a Ford with aluminum body work, but there’s plenty of custom bumper to work with.
Just Super Glue them on the body/windows😎

Reactions: FïreBall
Every week, a highly ranked team loses to an unranked one. Some weeks, two or three of them do. That's college football.

So what if this week is our turn to knock off a Goliath? I know, I know. We won't. But what if we do?

Beat UGa, take down the #1 team in the land, and we're suddenly ranked. Hendon Hooker is suddenly in the Heisman conversation. Wouldn't definitively end UGa's chance at an SEC or national title, but would ruin any dreams of an undefeated season for them. Can't change the outcome of the SEC East, that's already decided, but we could end up 9-4 on the year (including bowl victory), matching the best seasons of our entire Dark Ages. If we did that, Josh Heupel WOULD be in the conversation for SEC (and perhaps national) coach of the year.

And the future would be so, so bright.

Wouldn't that be grand? Wouldn't that just be something?

Fun to think about.

Go Vols!
ms-6y47Tr.gif

VN Store

Back