It's not gonna happen...but what if it did?

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
Every week, a highly ranked team loses to an unranked one. Some weeks, two or three of them do. That's college football.

So what if this week is our turn to knock off a Goliath? I know, I know. We won't. But what if we do?

Beat UGa, take down the #1 team in the land, and we're suddenly ranked. Hendon Hooker is suddenly in the Heisman conversation. Wouldn't definitively end UGa's chance at an SEC or national title, but would ruin any dreams of an undefeated season for them. Can't change the outcome of the SEC East, that's already decided, but we could end up 9-4 on the year (including bowl victory), matching the best seasons of our entire Dark Ages. If we did that, Josh Heupel WOULD be in the conversation for SEC (and perhaps national) coach of the year.

And the future would be so, so bright.

Wouldn't that be grand? Wouldn't that just be something?

Fun to think about.

Go Vols!

broncos.gif

So I don't know many dawg fans up here in the Midwest, but the couple I do are concerned. They have a little BDS (battered dawg syndrome) they are angst ridden with.

To help one of them out, to alleviate their anxiety, I took his novelty UGA tag off his truck this morning and replaced it with a bright orange, Power T novelty tag. Might take as long as 24 hours before he notices any change to his condition.

Every week, a highly ranked team loses to an unranked one. Some weeks, two or three of them do. That's college football.

So what if this week is our turn to knock off a Goliath? I know, I know. We won't. But what if we do?

Beat UGa, take down the #1 team in the land, and we're suddenly ranked. Hendon Hooker is suddenly in the Heisman conversation. Wouldn't definitively end UGa's chance at an SEC or national title, but would ruin any dreams of an undefeated season for them. Can't change the outcome of the SEC East, that's already decided, but we could end up 9-4 on the year (including bowl victory), matching the best seasons of our entire Dark Ages. If we did that, Josh Heupel WOULD be in the conversation for SEC (and perhaps national) coach of the year.

Fun to think about.

Go Vols![/QUOTE
Georgia defense is demonic.

We all know the odds against us getting the WIN against the number 1 ranked team ii the country is huge...BUT...That's why we play the games.

Appy State was never going to bear the mighty Michigan boys in blue...BUT they did.

IMHO CJH. his staff and our mighty warriors in Tennessee Orange have already overachieved anything that most of us thought they could get done this season.

A great cherry on top of this season would be a huge WIN this Saturday and to see all those UGa bullFRAWGS leaving Neyland with their heads hung and crying their eyes out, LMAO!

I just can't stand their coach so watching him have a total meltdown on the sidelines would also make my season.

Be proud and get extra LOUD and help our might Vols get the upset of this season!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

I think our offense will do a good enough job to get some points on the board (maybe 21-28 or so), even against a very tough dawgD but our Defense would need a miracle to learn to wrap up, stop diving at shoes and actually tackle someone. Hey, it could happen and all the lights come on. Its not like they haven't had some spurts of greatness now and again. But last week was one of the worst performances I have ever seen on D. Our O outplayed KY D but our D mostly screwed itself, especially in the first half when guys should be fresh.

Reactions: FlVols

Fun to think about.

Go Vols!

Remember these:
UCF didn't stand a chance against Auburn

Boise State was going to get hammered by Oklahoma

Vanderbilt was never going to beat UGA

Texas A&M is going to get drilled by Alabama

So I don't know many dawg fans up here in the Midwest, but the couple I do are concerned. They have a little BDS (battered dawg syndrome) they are angst ridden with.

To help one of them out, to alleviate their anxiety, I took his novelty UGA tag off his truck this morning and replaced it with a bright orange, Power T novelty tag. Might take as long as 24 hours before he notices any change to his condition.
I think the Vols hang around in the first half. Then talent and depth show up. Dawgs big.

Reactions: NEO
UT has always seemed to have GA’s number and I think that’s why they are scared. It’s the polar opposite of the FL games.

We have them beat and FL wins on a blown coverage Hail Mary as time is almost about to expire.

GA has us beat and we beat them on a Hail Mary pass where 1 receiver is surrounded by like 5 defensive players and still manages to catch the ball.

Even Kiffin destroyed GA.

So I can see why there is hope on our side and worry on theirs.

I still think we lose though like 42 to 17 or 45 to 21.

We will show up though.

Jacksonville beat Buffalo 9-6 this past weekend.

Anything can happen in foozball (cause it's the devil).

We may sneak into the 20-25 range but I’m not sure Hooker would get any real Heistman talk. Win out including the bowl game and he would be a favorite going into next year for sure.

I’m not getting my hopes up to high but I’m not abandoning all hope either. We come out and get a couple unexpected quick scores, a turnover or two, and big special teams play… anything can happen.

UT has always seemed to have GA’s number and I think that’s why they are scared. It’s the polar opposite of the FL games.

We have them beat and FL wins on a blown coverage Hail Mary as time is almost about to expire.

GA has us beat and we beat them on a Hail Mary pass where 1 receiver is surrounded by like 5 defensive players and still manages to catch the ball.

Even Kiffin destroyed GA.

So I can see why there is hope on our side and worry on theirs.

I still think we lose though like 42 to 17 or 45 to 21.

We will show up though.

Dawgs have won 8 of the last 10. The last 4 by an average margin of 30 points. You must have a very different idea of what it means to always have a teams's number.

A few possible scenarios:

#1, Several Bulldog starters and/or coaches get COVID.

#2,They give up a couple of early turnovers, and we end up with an early 21 or 28 point lead. They push the panic button, due to never being in this position before, and we are able to add a couple more scores - enough to hold them off.

#3, We end up in a low scoring affair, maybe being down 13 - 7 at halftime (Florida was 2 minutes away from a similar scenario), and get a few breaks in the 2nd half. Maybe we pull off a 28-27 victory.

Any of these are unlikely, due to our defensive issues, and their defensive prowess, but as has already been said, "That's why we play the game."

I don't think we will have much of a running game, and Hooker will probably be running for his life. It's hard to throw long, accurate passes in this scenario, but a mobile qb at least gives us a chance. At least we do have the homefield advantage.

Dawgs have won 8 of the last 10. The last 4 by an average margin of 30 points. You must have a very different idea of what it means to always have a teams's number.

From 89 to 99 we won 9 in a row.

We won 2004, 2006, 2007 under CPF even as the program was on the downhill slide.

We won 2009 under first year coach Kiffin, 45-19.

The wheels then fell completely off the bus on our program.

2 wins against your team is more than we have had against Bama and FL combined in the past 10 years.

And yes the last 4 have been blow outs...one reason we took such a hit to get rid of that Coach.

I never said we would beat you but I have seen a ton of years that we did beat you when we shouldn't have.

That never happens for us against FL.

VN Store

Back