Its looking more and more like we will head west

Absolutely ridiculous that we’d take a bowl game at 3 and 7. Not a chance that I’d spend money to see that game and I live down here. One, we don’t deserve a bowl game and two, the coldest I’ve ever been at a football game was in the Liberty Bowl. Ain’t happening. Of course the conference may not give them a choice. If Sankey says go in order to fill the conference slot, they’ll probably go.

This is not trivial. Even for all of the haters out there, you've got to want the kids to get as much practice as they can. Heaven knows they need it...
Let them get together on their own for a couple weeks and run scrimmages in the park . If the team has any leaders and a will to win they would do that on their own.

Normally, I'd be all for a bowl game but this year, I am not in favor of seeing us play in a bowl for the following two reasons:

1. These players have been through enough trying to keep themselves isolated and safe from COVID. They need a break from football. We all need a break from this season. They need to be able to go home and somewhat enjoy the holidays as much as one can in 2020.

2. Perhaps I am old school, but when you don't have a .500 record or a winning record, you do not deserve to be in a bowl game. I am not a fan of putting players and staff at risk for 10-15 more practices when they will be idle until March-April (spring football).

I'm so tired of this "we should be ashamed" mantra going around. Yes, we aren't good and we should get rid of Pruitt... But if we are offered a bowl game it is a no brainer. It gives us another game to watch and one more game for our seniors. We get extra practices (which can only help) and if we win, the season feels a little less awful. I understand being pessimistic, but in extra game would be one of the few bright spots for the Football Vols in 2020.

To the Liberty Bowl to play either TCU or WV. I know nothing about either team. If by some miracle we beat T A&M, I think we move up to the Music City Bowl.
We will lose Saturday... and I bet anything will decline a bowl bid regardless where it is. Just my guess.

Reactions: feathersax
I'm so tired of this "we should be ashamed" mantra going around. Yes, we aren't good and we should get rid of Pruitt... But if we are offered a bowl game it is a no brainer. It gives us another game to watch and one more game for our seniors. We get extra practices (which can only help) and if we win, the season feels a little less awful. I understand being pessimistic, but in extra game would be one of the few bright spots for the Football Vols in 2020.
Accepting a bid at 3-7 is pathetic. No way man. People will watch and laugh at us, only cementing our downfall,, but on a National stage.... as if it isn’t already

Accepting a bid at 3-7 is pathetic. No way man. People will watch and laugh at us, only cementing our downfall,, but on a National stage.... as if it isn’t already
Who cares if they laugh? Our younger players gef more practice and an extra game, the AD gets to add to its coffers and us fans get a bonus game. People are already watching and laughing at us. Might as well reap some benefits from it.

We will lose Saturday... and I bet anything will decline a bowl bid regardless where it is. Just my guess.
Think I heard on the radio that schools probably would be forced by SEC to go play if given the chance in order to get their share of the conference money. Not sure if that’s true or not.

VN Store

Back