It's Hard To Believe

It is a rights issue since the government decided to get into the marriage game.

And my point wasn't that gay marriage is right up there with the holocaust in terms of significance. The point was that you shouldn't base your level of caring solely on its affects on you as your op indicated. Also, caring isn't a zero sum game. You can care for 2 things simultaneously even if one is grave and the other is merely a philosophical quandary.

Yet that's how I roll. I don't have this thing called empathy (thats what chicks tell me). :thumbsup:

But as most can agree the government shouldn't be in the marriage cartel/racket/game.

i guess polygamy will be the next civil right and then pedophilia.

And then we'll be allowed to marry our sisters and cousins. And then we'll be able to sacrifice our spouses to the Supreme Goat Lord. And then we'll be allowed to kill everyone else's spouses. All because of gay marriage. Thanks Obama!

Reactions: 3 people
you obviously never studied history son. oh i forgot, you're Marxist/liberal. you (think) you know all.

You're right, surely I must have missed the historical basis for gay marriage opening the door for legalized pedophilia. Can we get a brief outline, Uncle Joe?

Reactions: 1 person
And then we'll be allowed to marry our sisters and cousins. And then we'll be able to sacrifice our spouses to the Supreme Goat Lord. And then we'll be allowed to kill everyone else's spouses. All because of gay marriage. Thanks Obama!

you've obviously have not studied either.\

on the bright side, if we were to sacrifice women you'd probably be the 1st to burn.

joevol, you may have a better time if you just withdraw from society. I don't see things going your way.

Yet that's how I roll. I don't have this thing called empathy (thats what chicks tell me). :thumbsup:

That's interesting, 79. I actually work to employ empathy as a guide through life. I find it difficult to imagine not having empathy (yes, I get the irony in that statement). I'm fascinated by the fundamental differences in perspective and values among people. I suppose it speaks to the power socialization has on us all.

That's interesting, 79. I actually work to employ empathy as a guide through life. I find it difficult to imagine not having empathy (yes, I get the irony in that statement). I'm fascinated by the fundamental differences in perspective and values among people. I suppose it speaks to the power socialization has on us all.

Boring!

Absolutely. The slippery slope argument has been proven infallible time and time again.

slippery-slope.jpg

Empathy is a tiring and most often feigned emotion.

Okay, how about this. I think I see Joe's point. Consider our history for a moment. Think about women's suffrage, segregation, and interracial marriage. All of those issues have directly led us down the path we're now on...straight into the gaypocalypse. History.

VN Store

Back