It's happening [Dark Mode]

How hard is it to run to an autobody shop and buy a few gallons of black Novus Plastic Polish?
I get the idea, but that would look like crap after a few good collisions. It would also require a professional to paint every helmet and hope that it looks the way you wanted on short notice. The black helmets were expected to be here on time. The equipment staff can change face masks and decals. I think the current set up was a great fall back option.

Reactions: deezvols
The helmet is far better looking than I expected based upon what I was imagining. I would have preferred a black helmet, but I'm fine with it.

Now, pair that helmet with a black outline on the road numerals, and we're in business. (I may be in the minority, but I miss the black outlined numbers. Also miss the enormous numbers that you could read from space, but that's just me)

Bunch of hard-to-please whiners in this thread. The uniforms are good. The psychological edge they bring is better.

We’re trying to create a new identity. The players have to believe things are different. The fans have to believe things are different. The uniforms will help with that IF we win the game. We must associate the change with winning...

I like the helmet better than the last time we did it, but I still think a matte black would look better. Also, all black for a noon game against SC seems dumb.

Last time we wore these montario hardesty (who now coaches at USC) ran for over 120 yards on the cocks

I get the idea, but that would look like crap after a few good collisions. It would also require a professional to paint every helmet and hope that it looks the way you wanted on short notice. The black helmets were expected to be here on time. The equipment staff can change face masks and decals. I think the current set up was a great fall back option.

Oh, I like the alternative quite a bit. I was just thinking that if they really wanted to wear black helmets, it could be done. Maybe not in the most idealistic way, but it could be done.

Reactions: bigl3327
We have some strange fans. Uniforms are for the players, if they like I like.
For the record I do think they look sharp though..

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Returning to this thread and seeing the meltdown is glorious. They look good they are being worn embrace it.

Reactions: bpalmer28
So were wearing an ugly gimmick of a uniform for an irrelevant game nobody cares about for a noon kick with at best 85k in the stands? Hopefully these gimmicks catapult us into the top 30 and top 12 in the sec recruiting. Rock bottom seems to be getting lower and lower by the year.

I would enjoy seeing this against Mississippi and a black helmet with an orange T on both sides would be a cool addition to the black uniforms.

Reactions: VolFanatic27
would be great if they used the correct shade of Orange throughout but they’re miles better than 09

I think it is the same shade but because of it being put with black makes the shades look different. I think it's been a problem a long time with our uniforms and why we've never gone with an orange helmet because the orange never looked right. Although maybe they can now since the baseball team finally got batting helmets that match.

VN Store

Back