It's been a slow week with no mid-week Soccer or Volleyball matches...

StrangeVol

but it's about to speed up! :)

Volleyball is in lovely Waco, Texas about now...getting ready for the Baylor Invitational. First up is unranked Houston at 4:00 p.m. Friday. Houston has no quality wins in their 5 & 4 record although they have won 5 straight. I don't expect them to give us much of a match but then I didn't think we'd have much trouble with Cincinnati who swept us. So there's that. Also, as far as I can tell there is no TV coverage available at this time.

On Saturday we will have our hands full to overflowing. Baylor is killin' it so far this season. So far they've swept #18, Creighton, swept #11 Marquette and beat #4 Wisconsin 3-1. You can throw in sweeps of UCLA and Syracuse also. Impressive, but the fact that they've lost just ONE SET so far this season against some pretty good teams is, imo, AMAZING! What are they feeding those girls? The match starts at 2:00 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN+ or watchESPN.

Safe to say I'm not expecting to win this match. We could win it if we play a perfect match but how likely is that? What I do want to see is for our girls to make them work for the W and avoid being swept. Given how smokin' hot Baylor is right now I think that's about all we can reasonably expect. Feel free to hope for more! I am. :)

Soccer is on the road again. Amherst, MA is the location and UMASS is the other side. The match is on Sunday at 1:00 p.m. with TV coverage on ESPN+. We're hanging in the polls at 21st. UMASS is nowhere to be found. They are 3-2-1 against a field of very average teams. I feel pretty good about this one if we get some scoring. In summary, not much to see here, so move along. :)

well shoot...maybe they're just getting warmed up...hope so...:D

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: StrangeVol
hey, we won the 2nd set...25-22...well alrighty then...and,

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CLOSE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back