It's Alabama week for Lady Vols Soccer!

StrangeVol

Thursday we're in Auburn to take on the Lady Tigers/War Eagles/Plainswomen/whatever to hopefully get our first SEC win! I watched Auburn play somebody a week ago and was not impressed. I think we can take them and having Katie back (I hope) would surely help. The match, which will likely be on SECN+, will get underway around 7:30 p.m.

Sunday the 29th we host Alabama at 1:00 p.m. (TV is unknown at this point.) I haven't seen bama this season, so I'm not sure what to expect but they are 8 & 3 so it's easy to think they may be decent to good. Although a glance at their schedule sorta takes the shine off their record to date as they've played nobody of any importance except #23 Florida State by whom they were swept in Tallahassee. A few days prior they lost to Kennesaw State 1- 3. Yep, Kennesaw State almost swept them on their home court, so it's hard to be too impressed by them at this point.

I hope/think we can come out of the week with two wins. After that gut-wrenching loss at Vandy, we need to get on the winning track. :)

Let's get ready to ruuummmmbbbblllleeeee!!!!! Kickoff in 15 minutes in the loveliest village on the plains, kinda. ;)

That was a very unenergetic half of soccer, especially for our backline. We look slow and listless in our third and lost in the midfield...our forwards are trying but they haven't had much to work with. :(

Maybe we'll be better in the 2nd half.

Reactions: RollerVol
Well...it looks like we have become "the gang that couldn't shoot straight!" We missed so many solid scoring opportunities tonight that I lost count...yet none of our players could find the goal. Really disappointing.. :(

Also, we have a player on our backline that should not see the field again any time soon. Mistake after mistake after mistake and some of them very careless. I won't name names or numbers but her poor play tonight was hard to miss.

Time to get ready for Alabama on Sunday. We need to get a win, our 0 & 2 SEC record is really quite ugly, especially losing both matches 1 - nil.

Well...it looks like we have become "the gang that couldn't shoot straight!" We missed so many solid scoring opportunities tonight that I lost count...yet none of our players could find the goal. Really disappointing.. :(

Also, we have a player on our backline that should not see the field again any time soon. Mistake after mistake after mistake and some of them very careless. I won't name names or numbers but her poor play tonight was hard to miss.

Time to get ready for Alabama on Sunday. We need to get a win, our 0 & 2 SEC record is really quite ugly, especially losing both matches 1 - nil.
Hard match to watch and without Katie we are average at best. Long year in the SEC I think!

Hard match to watch and without Katie we are average at best. Long year in the SEC I think!

With a good nights sleep and some perspective I absolutely agree with you we really miss Katie. We've been playing direct almost all the time with lots of long balls over the top, not building anything through midfield. I believe we get much better shots on goal when we build up slowly controlling the ball and working up the field stepwise. Without Katie to control the ball in the middle and find the holes in the defense, we just aren't scoring.

Speaking of scoring, we also miss Erin Gilroy. Erin is so steady on attack and gets a lot of assists to go along with her goals. Between her and Katie we get more quality shots on frame. Last night we had 12 shots to Auburn's 7, yet we lost. Lots of poor quality shots aren't the answer to our scoring woes, playing steadily, building from the back, will get us the kind of shots we need to score. Of course, being able to hit the broad side of a barn would help, too. ;)

Alabama week may end up 0-2 unless we play better defense and realize we are supposed to put the ball in the net sometimes. Have not scored in last two games!

Reactions: RollerVol
I have to offer my congratulations to Alabama on their well-earned victory. They were clearly the better side today.

Considering our injuries, youth, inexperience, and at times, lackadaisical play, we are a hot mess at the moment. Watching Alabama simply out pass and outplay us in every aspect of the game all afternoon and demonstrate an intensity that we clearly lack at present, was hard to stomach.

We are just playing pretty ugly soccer at present.

Shout out to Lindsey Romig who was outstanding between the pipes today. With the other team scoring on a PK and only allowing one other goal on 12 shots on goal is outstanding. Alabama had 6 shots in the two overtimes and we had 0. Hard to win like that. Also, I want to give a mention to # 21 Alicia Donley who is going to be very good as she matures. Also, a game ball to Katie...for trying. :)

Also, I hope MA is okay, lord knows we need her.

Reactions: MAD
I have to offer my congratulations to Alabama on their well-earned victory. They were clearly the better side today.

Considering our injuries, youth, inexperience, and at times, lackadaisical play, we are a hot mess at the moment. Watching Alabama simply out pass and outplay us in every aspect of the game all afternoon and demonstrate an intensity that we clearly lack at present, was hard to stomach.

We are just playing pretty ugly soccer at present.

Shout out to Lindsey Romig who was outstanding between the pipes today. With the other team scoring on a PK and only allowing one other goal on 12 shots on goal is outstanding. Alabama had 6 shots in the two overtimes and we had 0. Hard to win like that. Also, I want to give a mention to # 21 Alicia Donley who is going to be very good as she matures. Also, a game ball to Katie...for trying. :)

Also, I hope MA is okay, lord knows we need her.
Well said! We were out hustled and out everything this entire game!! Donley was like glue on her player.

Reactions: StrangeVol

VN Store

Back