It worries me that USC rushed for more yards against Bama than we did

Shinebox............go get it
tenor.gif

Reactions: BearCat204
We would have had more rushing yards, but passing plays were being called despite JG being the QB. We were running it effectively for a long stretch. Then someone (not sure who- Chaney? JG?) decided to waste a bunch of possessions by letting JG throw OH SO predictably.

Was hoping we would could lean on the run but I don’t think it’s going to get it done. I don’t feel good about having any sort of weight on JG’s shoulders.

Hopefully our boys are ready to play.
USCjr is similar to UT right now........on the verge of winning some big games but just need consistent QB play and win time of possession. This will be a tough game. USCjr is playing better than us this season. Only way to win this game is QB pressure by DL, which is why we competed well vs Alabama. without DL or blitz pressure, there is zero chance of winning this game. Field goals will be a premium as well, especially with our lack of QB depth.

is it going to be pouring rain that afternoon at gametime? If JG is back there, you know they will stack the box and pressure him. Its one of the easiest offenses in the nation to defend with him taking snaps. That takes away the run game for the most part and the rain takes away most of the passing game.

With that being said, I think Jordan ran with much more purpose last week and I hope to see that trend continue. GO VOLS
Yep..when JG starts game planning is so easy a caveman can do it.

Reactions: jacvols
Both mediocre backs for sure.

LOL. Feaster is a very good back. He is like a lot of good backs in that he needs to get the ball to work up a lather. He needs the ball at least 15 times a game. In the games where he has carried the ball less than 10 times or less he has only rushed for about 3 ypc or so. But in the 2 games they let him run - UK and UF - he ran the ball 40 times for 282 yards, just over 7 ypc. 15 for 107 yds against UK and 25 for 175 yds against UF. I remember wanting this guy bad when it was down to UT and Clemson.

is it going to be pouring rain that afternoon at gametime? If JG is back there, you know they will stack the box and pressure him. Its one of the easiest offenses in the nation to defend with him taking snaps. That takes away the run game for the most part and the rain takes away most of the passing game.

With that being said, I think Jordan ran with much more purpose last week and I hope to see that trend continue. GO VOLS

Actually is seems like it could be the opposite. JG struggles with the Zone defense and going through his reads. If they stack the box, we will likely use extra blockers. This plays to JG's strengths. He actually tends to be very accurate on short throws. Him being pressured hasn't traditionally had much affect on him either, as he was one of the most accurate QB's in the country while being pressured in 2018 (I don't have access to this year's numbers though). The rain could certainly have an affect on the passing game, but that's true for USCjr as well.

Actually is seems like it could be the opposite. JG struggles with the Zone defense and going through his reads. If they stack the box, we will likely use extra blockers. This plays to JG's strengths. He actually tends to be very accurate on short throws. Him being pressured hasn't traditionally had much affect on him either, as he was one of the most accurate QB's in the country while being pressured in 2018 (I don't have access to this year's numbers though). The rain could certainly have an affect on the passing game, but that's true for USCjr as well.
mmmmmkayyyy there little buddy ;)

Was hoping we would could lean on the run but I don’t think it’s going to get it done. I don’t feel good about having any sort of weight on JG’s shoulders.

Hopefully our boys are ready to play.

Be worried, USCjr will come to play. They beat Georgia and felt they were robbed last week against the gadders.
Best strap it on.

VN Store

Back