It seems we have gotten worse

Free throws have gone the way of the ten foot jumper, obsolete! If it’s not a dunk or a 3 pointer, they don’t practice it. So tired of watching guards drive to the bucket (then not take the layup) and throw it out for a missed 3 or a turnover. Looks a lot like NBA Jr. Ball. (Which I personally am not fond of).
Even if that's true, they didn't just stop practicing them this year. There is a major drop-off in just one season.

The thing with Chandler is that if he's frustrated, there are things that he can control, including FT's. Right now, he's not even doing that well.
And he's young and immature. Things came so easy for him in high school, and even early in the season. As the competition ramped up and tape became available on him in this system, the game got harder for him. He's certainly frustrated because he's likely never been coached this hard, either.

He did, and he said he did. You lose on this particular point.
Hey, you're probably correct but what would you expect him to say?
KC better toss any bad attitude out the window as he currently is playing himself out of a lottery pick which will cost him $millions. There is no bs excuse for an elite guard to not be able to step up to the line every single time and hit a minimum of 70%. KC missed 2 front ends of 1&1’s along with all his other misses. CRB has absolutely given KC a longer leash than last season’s 1&1 guys. I have no clue what’s going on with KC but I’ve been noticing the same change in body language. Maybe he was happier because his shots were falling and now he’s struggling a bit, IDK? All this excuse making for him that CRB isn’t coddling him enough if true puts his mental toughness into question which will hurt his perceived value to the NBA. Im no scout, but to this point I haven’t seen enough to make me think he’s a can’t miss NBA pg worthy of a lottery pick. I hope he gets it together soon as it appears we will go as far as he carries us this season.
I'm not making excuses for him. I'm pointing out observations. Unemotional observations.

Hey, you're probably correct but what would you expect him to say?

I'm not making excuses for him. I'm pointing out observations. Unemotional observations.
You may be right with your observations - which of us fans know? The bottom line KC better understand is he’s the one who has the most to lose in this equation. Time to man up instead of pouting or allowing himself to be frustrated. If your desire is to be a highly paid professional player then behave like one. Display that competitive drive like Keon did. Hope it happens

The thing with Chandler is that if he's frustrated, there are things that he can control, including FT's. Right now, he's not even doing that well.
And that’s gonna hurt his stock as much as a lot of things…if he was 90% from the line scouts would feel better about his 3pt shot, but by bricking FTs he’s just casting more doubt about his shot.

Yeah Barnes is one of the harder coaches to play for, this is pretty well known.

But sometimes you think you can handle it, or your parents say you’re tough enough, then you there and realize you don’t like that type of coaching. Which could or could not happening. But sometimes you think everything is gonna go perfect and then things change.
Maybe, but I doubt it…was just a couple weeks ago that Chandler told Barnes not to ease up and coach him harder.

I’m not too concerned about free throws not falling. I am encouraged though that in 4 of the last 5 games TN got to the FT line more than in any other games. You must have attempts before there’s any chance to make them or miss them.

Kennedy seems to have very little knee bend on his free throws. The force of his shot mainly comes from his arms. He might benefit from rebuilding his free throw mechanics.

We have trouble making shots from all areas of the floor. It's crazy to be so guard heavy and only ZZ is someone you can count on to make a pair, and even he is only around 78 percent. Free throws are mental and once you get in your head about them it becomes almost impossible to break out of a FT slump. Giannas has been trying for a few years now in the NBA. Other NBA players have the same issues. Westbrook has long streaks of terrible free throw shooting too.

I don’t know. “Throws” might be more accurate than it’s ever been. They’re more “throws” than “shots” right now.

Yep - throw it towards the rim - flip it in the general direction - I feel you. This is the same group that wasn't missing any at the start of the year.

My suggestion/ diagnosis/ solution. Slow down a hair, one more dribble, think about a nice smooth follow thru. See how easy that was. Suddenly you are hitting them all again.

I saw it and I remember thinking that was an interesting reaction to a shot like that. I won't speculate as to why he reacted that way. I just know that when I saw it, it struck me as being odd.
They would never say it publicly but I would guess every time James goes up for a shot they are thinking , oh no hear we go again!!

I wish the coaches would tell the players,
” Stop with the ‘ hand slapping’ after shooting
the first shot. I can’t tell you how many times last
night a player would make the first shot and then go
searching for someone to ‘ slap hands ‘ with; then they
would quickly throw up the next attempt and MISS !

I wish the coaches would tell the players,
” Stop with the ‘ hand slapping’ after shooting
the first shot. I can’t tell you how many times last
night a player would make the first shot and then go
searching for someone to ‘ slap hands ‘ with; then they
would quickly throw up the next attempt and MISS !

Chandler might have been the only player to convert 2 free throws. Then he followed that up by missing the front end of the two one-and-one opportunities in the first half (their 9th foul was committed on a shot). Uros is better than missing both attempts after being fouled.

I started noticing his reactions to missed shots, not getting foul calls, turnovers, ect early on in the season. He would immediately turn towards Barnes with an "uh oh" look on his face. If people still have the games recorded go back and see.

You can't coach every player the same and get the same results. It worked with Bone and others. Not sure it's working with. Chandler.
I remember reading an article about how Chandler chose to play for CRB because he knew he would ride him and coach him hard. Not that I’m a supporter of how CRB seems to rip into his players for mistakes but I think Chandler knew when he signed up for this

Reactions: walkenvol
KC better toss any bad attitude out the window as he currently is playing himself out of a lottery pick which will cost him $millions. There is no bs excuse for an elite guard to not be able to step up to the line every single time and hit a minimum of 70%. KC missed 2 front ends of 1&1’s along with all his other misses. CRB has absolutely given KC a longer leash than last season’s 1&1 guys. I have no clue what’s going on with KC but I’ve been noticing the same change in body language. Maybe he was happier because his shots were falling and now he’s struggling a bit, IDK? All this excuse making for him that CRB isn’t coddling him enough if true puts his mental toughness into question which will hurt his perceived value to the NBA. Im no scout, but to this point I haven’t seen enough to make me think he’s a can’t miss NBA pg worthy of a lottery pick. I hope he gets it together soon as it appears we will go as far as he carries us this season.
Chandler is a great player, however, he is a freshman and seems to have hit the proverbial freshman wall. Teams have scouted him and know how to defend him. I’m not sure he will ever be a lottery pick but definitely has first round talent.

Reactions: SlyStone
Anybody on here old enough to have seen Chuck Threets shoot them? Made Wilt Chamberlain look like a marksman.
I remember Threets. He was a rebounding machine but his offensive skills and FT shooting would make this team look like an offensive juggernaut.

VN Store

Back