It seems like just yesterday to me when....

Yeah- I’d kill for that future again- that future was the brightest ten years or so in our history …. Maybe …. Just maybe…. History will repeat itself and we are here again

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Yeah- I’d kill for that future again- that future was the brightest ten years or so in our history …. Maybe …. Just maybe…. History will repeat itself and we are here again
Back when we had the greatest coach since Neyland! People forget that.

Reactions: Hacksaw
Great. It was early in a long run of being near or at the top of SEC football.

LOL yeah, it was! I was thinking more along the lines of my naive 26-year-old self in 1998 when I thought, "wow it's ALWAYS going to be this awesome!"

He played a massive role in that. He also played a massive role in our demise. Don't understand the hate people have for him

You're not wrong of course. But he did win the natty, along with two SEC championships. That still buys him a LOT of equity. I'm more pissed at the job he did as AD than I am at his coaching job.

Charles McRae went 7th, Antione Davis 8th and Alvin Harper went 12th overall. I was young, impressionable and amazed at the programs bright future.
1991 NFL Draft, I believe. The Vols had loaded up for a great decade, & these 3 players certainly played critical roles. :cool:

Reactions: WillisWG
Charles McRae went 7th, Antione Davis 8th and Alvin Harper went 12th overall. I was young, impressionable and amazed at the programs bright future.

Aaahhh yes, I remember it well. Plus, I was half the man I am today back then. Literally!!.....

Aaahhh yes, I remember it well. Plus, I was half the man I am today back then. Literally!!.....

See, you're looking at things from the wrong standpoint.

Sure you have grown exponentially-in a horizontal manner.

You are probably shorter also !

So at least in one sense, you were a bigger man back then.😂😂

You're not wrong of course. But he did win the natty, along with two SEC championships. That still buys him a LOT of equity. I'm more pissed at the job he did as AD than I am at his coaching job.

It's truly Sad...
Because it wasn't about "controlling nature" by Fulmer why he kept coming back.

He loves the Vols. He bleeds orange, and he was always trying to fix the beautiful thing he helped create 🧡🧡🧡.

Because he helped break it, by getting passed up. And he was trying anyways he could to just get us back!

Fulmer cheated (along with everyone else) in the 1990s, early 2000s. He wasn't deviating from his nature at all when he was AD. He still hadn't realized...everything in how Elite programs work.now, had passed him up 😔.
AD or HC it didn't matter....he never had a chance..

I'll always LOVE coach Fulmer🧡

Reactions: SmokinBob
See, you're looking at things from the wrong standpoint.

Sure you have grown exponentially-in a horizontal manner.

You are probably shorter also !

So at least in one sense, you were a bigger man back then.😂😂

You need to be a political speech writer, because it's sounds logical but doesn't make any sense!! :)

In the 90s we had 9 straight wins over Georgia, I believe--and Georgia had some good, talented teams in those years. But we were physical, could run the ball and were just better---won some good, close games. And I believe we beat bama, what, 5 or 6 straight at one point when we were going strong and they were down. LSU was also really bad in the 90s, I recall. I remember thinking at that time: Damn, if LSU, with all the high-school talent in that state, can be down (way down) for a decade, we'd better hope that we don't start heading south, because it could easily happen to us. And, of course....it did.

VN Store

Back