It’s time

Regardless of Holly's skills, it is tough to follow a legend. I can't wait to see how fast Nick Saban's successor gets turned on. I know, this comment should be in the fooball forum. Apologize, but I can't wait to see a thread on Bama's football message board with the same tone as this one. Go Vols!

Saban's replacement won't be given seven years.

There will be no change at the end of this season. Phil and Holly are pals and it wont happen. Mitchell is a hello of a lot better coach but I don't think would come to UT even though he was here with Pat for a year. Plenty of good ones around but I do not see a male getting this job ever. Holly will not resign and I would not either if I was making the big bucks and my partner was my paid personal assistant. JMHO as always!

Holly’s program assistant is not her life partner. Not sure where this came from.

Last edited:
Ok.
It’s time for holly to go
She has accomplished NOTHING that anyone else could have done or not done
Her teams have under achieved every year
She has NEVER outcoached anyone. Prove me wrong
She is not even above average recruiter. It’s Tennessee
She can’t make the easiest of offensive or defensive adjustments
She doesn’t discipline
Refs don’t fear her at all
She does not develop players

I don’t believe anyone can dispute any of what is above
Well said, except for recruiting. She has some of the best players in the nation, but they might as be coached by a telephone booth.

Actually her amazing ability to continue to snag top recruits into this mess of under-developed multi star "talent" is Holly's biggest (only) success.

Common sense says it can't go on though, and once the recruiting house of cards collapses its really Louisiana Tech time.

Ok.
It’s time for holly to go
She has accomplished NOTHING that anyone else could have done or not done
Her teams have under achieved every year
She has NEVER outcoached anyone. Prove me wrong
She is not even above average recruiter. It’s Tennessee
She can’t make the easiest of offensive or defensive adjustments
She doesn’t discipline
Refs don’t fear her at all
She does not develop players

I don’t believe anyone can dispute any of what is above
GREAT POST!! I believe even the long time Holly supporters are seeing the light. She is totally incompetent. Westbrook should be a star instead of an out of control ball hog. With proper coaching Davis would be a superstar. With a coach like CRB this would be a Final Four Team. These girls are tired of underachieving. We need to do the right thing and demand a new Coach for them.

Fulmer has known Warlick for a long time.

I hope Phil can talk her into a retirement/step down/take a permanent sabbatical move at the end of the year. With all she has done and tried to do for Tennessee, I really don't want to see her fired. But you can't keep doing so little with so much.

So, so much talent going to waste. So many resources. So much history and legacy. Very embarrassing.

Actually her amazing ability to continue to snag top recruits into this mess of under-developed multi star "talent" is Holly's biggest (only) success.

Common sense says it can't go on though, and once the recruiting house of cards collapses its really Louisiana Tech time.

Holly is a likeable and great person I am sure, that is why they still want to play for her, but as mentioned, this does not make a good coach. Right now, she's going to have a hard time competing for the conference if we can't even win home games.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I will finally have to acquiesce. This is a sad state of affairs we are now experiencing. I no longer feel this situation will get any better and it is not a matter of being the one to follow a legend. Holly may have been a great part of something even better, but she cannot handle the pressure.

I hope for the sake of this team's future that they tank this year which forces the AD to get a new coach in the off season. This squad clearly isn't championship or Final Four material, they likely aren't even Sweet 16 material. I'd rather see them struggle this year with a chance for the younger classes to find success as upperclassmen vs. sticking with Holly where there is zero player development and consistent underperforming. You watch them play and you can tell the players have zero chemistry with each other, there's no offensive system, and no screens being set (a trademark of Holly's offense) and no decision making skills. Players do not value possessions at Tennessee. It's the same story every year. No matter who is on the roster, it will NEVER change as long as Holly is coaching. And she's coached more top 10 recruits than anyone from 2013-now, yet not one of them has played in a Final Four, become an All-American, or had a standout WNBA career.

Holly is a likeable and great person I am sure, that is why they still want to play for her, but as mentioned, this does not make a good coach. Right now, she's going to have a hard time competing for the conference if we can't even win home games.

Tennessee is already not competing for the SEC conference title. It's been, what, 6 years since the last time they were conference champion? I don't see that changing for the next couple of years, not with the recruiting class that SC just brought in and MSST's recent ability to start attracting blue chip recruits.

Reactions: Ratvol
No matter who is on the roster, it will NEVER change as long as Holly is coaching. And she's coached more top 10 recruits than anyone from 2013-now, yet not one of them has played in a Final Four, become an All-American, or had a standout WNBA career.

But...but...but...DIAMOND! And...uh...Mercedes won a WNBA championship!

Reactions: bballnut90
I use to watch every game but since Holly took over I can’t watch bad basketball anymore. It’s been years.

Yes should be statute of limitations on the legend following excuse. Even if its true, and Im not even sure it is, its all the more reason to move on to the next coach who will not be burdened by legend following, in any way, shape or form.

Ironic storyline that the men are soaring on all the attributes the LVs used to be known for - focus, mental toughness, player development. Coach firmly in control at the helm. I love watching them, not just because they win, though that's nice, but for how they play. Which is how we once played. #Sad

ADPF should get on with what's best for the LV program and the University of Tennessee. Holly is just not a championship coach. I really hope that status quo is not more important now than winning championships in the minds of those who are in charge. I am afraid that this hallowed LV program is on the verge of getting into such bad shape that it will probably not be salvageable. I cannot believe that our athletic administration has become complacent with a program that has struck fear in the hearts of our competition year after year in the past but now is fast becoming just another game on their schedule!

Agreed. How much more obvious does it need to be? At this point, it's a huge slap in the face of what Pat spent so many decades building here. I know Fulmer is focused on football right now, but he needs to make a move on this. What must be done eventually, should be done immediately!

Lets forget the "Pat" comparison. Lets just compare our product to the "top" programs out there. We are not among them. That in itself should be enough for "change". Trying to compare almost any coach the Pat is not fair. Just make comparisons to Holly's peers. That speaks for itself. CHANGE NOW. Don't wait til the end of the season, do it know, show these players and fan base the patience is exhausted.

She has lost this team...They don't believe in her and their never going to...She has not given them a reason to believe in her...It's honestly sad to watch...Love Holly to death but she is just not the one that should be coaching Tennessee.
First she has never had this team. Second they are not a team. At this point these girls don't know enough nor have they been exposed to enough to know what or how to believe or not to believe anything. Third it is sad to watch.

Reactions: olddog
First she has never had this team. Second they are not a team. At this point these girls don't know enough nor have they been exposed to enough to know what or how to believe or not to believe anything. Third it is sad to watch.

She gets top players to commit year after year, and for the most part, they stay with the program. There is no doubt in my mind that she *has* this team. The question is what is she doing with them.

If the players are detached, they could phone it in, lose a bunch of games and hope that leads to her termination, or just transfer. They aren't, so they must like what she's selling 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back