It’s the off season so let’s pass the time...tell your most prized UT possession.

illvol

Eternal optimist
We’ve got a bit before Fingers starts posting spring practice threads and even longer till the fall. Let’s pass the time with some fun conversation.

Your house is on fire (yes I know the thought of that may not be fun conversation but humor me) and everyone is safe. After getting the essentials out you have time and room to rescue one UT related item. What’s it gonna be? Pics are appreciated.

Last edited:
I’ve got a good friend who went to SC and we’ve attended every TN/SC game for the past 18 years. There’s a running joke where we exaggerate the status of the rivalry and we actually have a trophy which is a coffee mug with the worst pro wrestlers ever- the Mulkey Brothers- picture on it. The Mulkey Cup gets passed back and forth as a ridiculous trophy for a rivalry that nobody cares about. He’d never forgive me if I didn’t grab that coffee mug on my way out of a burning building.

We’ve got a bit before Fingers starts posting spring practice threads and even longer till the fall. Let’s pass the time with some fun conversation.

Your house is on fire (yes I know the thought of that may not be fun conversation but humor me) and everyone is safe. After getting the essentials out you have time and room to rescue one UT related item. What’s it gonna be? Pics are appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20200112_192046.jpg
    IMG_20200112_192046.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 18
View attachment 253884
My Grand Daddy’s Hat he wore to the games and my Grand Mommy’s painting she left.

A. Awesome.....all of it.
B. Love the fold on the bill of the cap. Grand Daddy was not to be F&(Ked with, I presume!
C. My buddy has that same painting and the size of the S. Endzone has always looked out of scope compared to the E. sideline. Great pic, though, with the Orange VOLS letters.

I’ve got a good friend who went to SC and we’ve attended every TN/SC game for the past 18 years. There’s a running joke where we exaggerate the status of the rivalry and we actually have a trophy which is a coffee mug with the worst pro wrestlers ever- the Mulkey Brothers- picture on it. The Mulkey Cup gets passed back and forth as a ridiculous trophy for a rivalry that nobody cares about. He’d never forgive me if I didn’t grab that coffee mug on my way out of a burning building.
That's fantastic! True COOL STORY BRO!

Reactions: RollerVol
I've got 2 small stuffed Smokey "toys". One that was put out after the NC. It is embroidered on the back with "1998 National Champions".
Now, Shoney's had a marketing campaign around this same time called SEC bean bags or some such and marketed them without embroidery in blue but...not sure of the significance other than.different than Orange and it might have been a licensing issue.

Significance here is I had just moved to Indianapolis and was traveling for the annual family reunion back to Bluff City and I picked both of these up (one at a Shoney's and one as a gift from my mom) on my first solo trip back to East Tennessee.
Before landing their current spot of rest in the glass curio cabinet, these guys rode with me for about 10 years of work travel across 14 states and thousands of miles in the back window.

I'll get them down here shortly and add pics

A. Awesome.....all of it.
B. Love the fold on the bill of the cap. Grand Daddy was not to be F&(Ked with, I presume!
C. My buddy has that same painting and the size of the S. Endzone has always looked out of scope compared to the E. sideline. Great pic, though, with the Orange VOLS letters.
Yeah I liked those Orange VOLS letters to. A lot of Victories under those. Wish Phil would bring them back.

There you go. I never knew the helmets had a pearl finish on them till I got it. I was told it’s because the plain white helmets tend to have a yellow tint under the lights.
View attachment 253893
I used to be a huge Law and Order fan. David Keith who is a UT alum guest starred in an episode and one of other detectives went to his apartment to pick him up and just inside the door is a UT helmet sitting on a coffee table. Pretty cool seeing it on TV show with nothing to do with a football game.

Man, I loved the mulkey brothers😄. I remember their one win against the midnight express because magnum ta and dusty interfered😂. I think it was them anyway that helped them.

My favorite 2 things are a Tennessee shirt my dad bought me, and he's a Ky fan. Then a Smokey plush dog my dawg fan wife bought me when we were dating.

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back